Ask
    eibmaskme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Popping sounds
    What causes the popping sounds from heat vents
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 09:19 AM

Either thermal expansion, or warping caused by changes in pressure when the blower starts and/or stops. While it may present an undesirable distraction, it does not necessarily indicate a problem with the system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sounds from PC while it is off? [ 7 Answers ]

Every once in awhile I have this happen, and it was just recently happening again this morning. The exact details are that I built this PC myself about a year ago and today is probably the 3rd time I had heard these noises. Basically they sound like a HDD being accessed while the PC is off. I tried...

Attic "popping," "cracking" sounds [ 5 Answers ]

I have a ranch townhome that was built in 1998. For several years now there have been loud "popping" and "cracking" noises coming from the attic. This seems to be heat related as I notice more in the hotter months in Colo. The noises, which are loud enough to wake me, sound like they are wood...

Vent popping sounds [ 3 Answers ]

We are renovating a mobile home and we have noticed a pooping noise which happens every 6 to 10 seconds. During the winter months this is loud enough to keep us awake at night as the vent goes through the wall beside our bedroom. We are just finishing the kitchen and the sink is not connected at...

Might sounds old. [ 6 Answers ]

I know there are always a lot of these questions flying around but I have another one. My last real period was Oct 5th. It is now November 18th. I had a slight period on the 11th but it was brown discharge and got light red and brown for a small total of 2 days. I was using the withdrawl...

Car Sounds? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 95 nissan altima gxe, lately I have had this boiling water sound coming from my car, and I don't know what it is exactly and how to fix it. Dose anyone know? What could it be and how would I fix it?

View more questions Search