Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsepps Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2006, 01:15 PM
    HP motherboard BIOS updates
    Im trying to download this update for my computer

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...tem=pv-39981-1
    But it keeps giving me this error message Unable to update system BIOS (9) Please try again, if the error continues contact support. What could I be doing wrong? Or is there somewhere else I can try to download it?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 5, 2006, 01:17 PM
    Did you try downloading (Saving) then running (Opening)?

Jul 5, 2006, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Did you try downloading (Saving) then running (Opening)?

Yes I have Ive tried it about 30 times

Jul 5, 2006, 03:54 PM
    So does it save OK and you get the message when running? Are you sure it's the right model?

Jul 6, 2006, 02:18 PM
    So does it save OK and you get the message when running? Are you sure its the right model?

Yes it's the right model

Is there anywhere else I could get the update from?

Jul 6, 2006, 03:53 PM
    Again, I don't think the problem is downloading. There would be no better place to get it then from the mfg.

Have you tried contacting HP?

Jul 6, 2006, 04:16 PM
    Again, I don't think the problem is downloading. There would be no better place to get it then from the mfg.

Have you tried contacting HP?

Yes I have they have sent me a box to send the computer back so they can fix it. I hoped I wouldn't have to do that. The update might not fix the real problem, wich is that the computer freezes up if the HD is not working hard. I have done all of the tests and such but still no luck. Thanks for all your help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security updates [ 1 Answers ]

After checking the add & remove program section of my PC, I found a lot of security updates downloaded by MSN. Some were called "Hotfix"? The strange thing is that they are downloaded only on my settings and not my wife's or administrator sections. Why are these programs being downloaded without...

Motherboard... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I wonder how to find out if my motherboard is ATX or not, cause I'm buying an new midi tower for my PC and I wonder if my current motherboard will fit in to it...

Updates [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem. I ran the windows update and got the security update KB826939 and a day or so later I received the same message that this update was needed again. I looked in my installed updates and noticed I have a total of 8 security updates with this same number KB826939.They were all...

Windows Updates for XP [ 2 Answers ]

How are you able to get a complete printout of your Windows Updates Installation History? All I can seem to get is only one page of history which doesn't show them all. Thanks, John

View more questions Search