Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elena6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 12:06 AM
    Boyfriend went to a strip club and lied
    Let me start by saying that, while I don't have a serious issue with strip clubs, the idea of my boyfriend going bothers me, as I think it would most girls. It's one part insecurity, one part jealousy. That said, I think I'm relatively chill about it. If their were special circumstances, e.g. a bachelor's party, all the guys were going because someone got dumbed, whatever, I'd be okay with it. Not pleased, but okay. I'm not the type to outright forbid anyone to do anything.

My boyfriend and I agreed: no strip clubs. I didn't tell him that he wasn't allowed, I said it would bother me and I didn't want him to. It didn't seem important to him so I didn't think it was asking that much. In fact, the conversation went like this:

"I'd really appreciate it if you didn't go to strip clubs anymore."
    "No strip clubs? Okay."
    "Cool. Thanks."

Well, I found that he did in fact go to strip joint in town, and when I confronted him about it, he said, "I didn't lie. I said I was going to get a drink with a friend. I just didn't say where."

He is 100% convinced that he did nothing wrong. I'm pissed because a) he went to a strip club, b) he lied (or "failed to mention," whatever) c) now he's lying about lying. I understand why he lied in the first place, but to deny that he lied adds a whole new layer. If he just acknowledged that he screwed up by lying, even if he said he was still going to go to strip clubs, I would feel much much better. I have a hard time trusting boys to begin with, and I was doing a pretty good job with this one. Now I'm truly concerned about how I'm going to trust him at all. What else has he lied about? How do I know that he isn't doing this every time he's just "grabbing a drink with a friend?" I'm having a hard time understanding why he thinks that what he did is okay. I know that it's a somewhat minor transgression, but how are you supposed to have a relationship with someone that you can't trust?
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 12:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by elena6 View Post
    I know that it's a somewhat minor transgression, but how are you supposed to have a relationship with someone that you can't trust?
    To answer your question, it's hard to have a relationship with someone you can't trust. A lot of people base their relationship on trust. I know I wouldn't have married my husband if I didn't trust him. Has your boyfriend ever given you any reason not to trust him? I understand you're not happy that he lied, but maybe instead of pointing fingers right now (which tends to turn into a fight) you should ask him why he didn't mention where he was going for a drink.
    timtim-awesim Posts: 54, Reputation: -2

Dec 7, 2008, 12:23 AM

If drinking with his buds is more important to him than being with you, he doesn't love you. He might think he does, but he doesn't. Sorry, bu you should get rid of him. It will be better for both of you. Maybe he will find the woman that he does love.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Dec 7, 2008, 01:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim-awesim View Post
    If drinking with his buds is more important to him than being with you, he doesn't love you. He might think he does, but he doesn't. Sorry, bu you should get rid of him. It will be better for both of you. Maybe he will find the woman that he does love.
    First part is not true.

Drinking with friends is acceptable but if he continues to ignore the girl, there is a problem. As for the lying part, tell him to stop talking nonsense.

You are entitled to NOT trust him 100% anymore.
    Let him slowly regain your trust.
    kimsland Posts: 73, Reputation: 8

Dec 7, 2008, 05:43 AM
    I have the answer
    Put on your own private strip show for him
    Then tell him, if ever goes to another one with his "friend" that he won't get any more from you!
    Guys are dumb that way, he'll never go out to a show again

Oh the lying part? He is dumb :D
    Kevin_s Posts: 213, Reputation: 51

Dec 7, 2008, 06:17 AM

Let me put a male perspective into this.

Since it seems that suddenly the guys are complete idiots by the rest of these answers or opinions, which is NOT true.

First of all, why does a strip club bother you that much? He's not doing anything with them. You can't be so hypocritical and say it's okay he goes under certain circumstances but the ONE time he goes "randomly" say it's not okay.

For all you know, his buddy was having a really bad day, maybe he lost his job, maybe he got dumped. He's not going into a strip club to "get some".

Second of all, did you ever think that maybe he didn't know at first that he was going to a strip club to drink? (just throwing it out there). Do you honestly expect him to 1.) Tell his buddy he can't go because his girlfriend told him not to? 2.) Call you immediately and tell you he's going to a strip club just so he can listen to you getting all angry at him over the phone?

Come on, give the guy a break elena6, at the end of the day, he's coming home to YOU right? He's telling YOU he loves you. You need to be up front with him and just ask him if he's gone any other times and not said. If he says no, just trust his word. Certain circumstances come up, and to be technical in this situation, he doesn't tell you where he goes to drink any other time, so when he goes to a bar with women dancing is no different than any other place. Would you get pissed off if he went to a bar and the bartender was female and wearing skimpy clothing too? Come on, cut the guy some slack.

How did you find out he went to a strip club anyway? Did HE tell you? Why are you so busy keeping tabs on him? I think there's a bigger issue which should be resolved in yourself (being unable to trust men. ) Just to clarify things, women can be just as shady too. That doesn't mean you can't trust your boyfriend anymore because of one silly time.

Kevin
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 06:39 AM
    I love what Kevin said, let me just add...

A strip club is where men can go and know that their significant other won't follow them and nag at them. Boys night out so to speak. He didn't tell you the 100% truth because he knew that you would react just the way you are.

Also, the women at strip clubs aren't looking to hook up with your boyfriend, but rather they look at the men like dollar signs $$$. I know, I would make over $200 in a 4 hour shift and I was only a WAITRESS!!
    kimsland Posts: 73, Reputation: 8

Dec 7, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_s View Post
    Would you get pissed off if he went to a bar and the bartender was female and wearing skimpy clothing too?
    That depends
    Would you get peed off if your wife had a male stripper come around for afternoon tea, and you didn't know?

By the way, I agree my reply was not written well above. But my point is still the same, lets just try to stop the guy going to strip clubs, as he promised he would. Otherwise he should say that he doesn't care for this promise anymore

And if he "didn't know"! :rolleyes: Yeah right! Now that would be dumb!
    High Max Posts: 271, Reputation: 43

Dec 7, 2008, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I love what Kevin said, let me just add....

A strip club is where men can go and know that their significant other won't follow them and nag at them. Boys night out so to speak. He didn't tell you the 100% truth because he knew that you would react just the way you are.

Also, the women at strip clubs aren't looking to hook up with your boyfriend, but rather they look at the men like dollar signs $$$. I know, I would make over $200 in a 4 hour shift and I was only a WAITRESS!!!
    Eh you'd be surprised, I've heard a lot of stories where guys end up dating or in a FB relationship with these strippers.
    Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by High Max View Post
    Eh you'd be surprised, I've heard a lot of stories where guys end up dating or in a FB relationship with these strippers.
    Yes, but it's not as common as one would think. I worked at one for over 2 years and only one or two of the dancers ever got into a relationship like this.

Dec 7, 2008, 06:47 AM

Most likely. A guy has to have tight game to land a stripper right there at the club, or be amazingly good looking, from what I've heard.
    Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Most of the guys are still $$$ in our eyes, even as waitresses. We knew who had the bucks and who would tip well, so we would pay more attention and give better service to those guys. We knew how to "work the crowd."

When the night was over it would just be another night at work.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kimsland View Post
    That depends
    Would you get peed off if your wife had a male stripper come around for afternoon tea, and you didn't know?

Okay... totaly different situation.

This would be in the privacy of a home. Anything inappropriate could happen.

In a strip joint, lap dances costs way too much and guys would much rather pay for the expensive beer instead of the expensive lapdance.
    skydive4life Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Dec 7, 2008, 08:23 AM

I went to a strip club for my birthday this year and my girlfriend was the same way she didn't like the idea of me going but was cool with it cuase of the special occasion.. and its not like I would just waltz back in on a regular day cuase it's a waste of money. But I think he's just got himself caught in a lie and is trying to get out of it. I would just talk to him about it more, mention that you guys talked about it and he knew that you didn't want him going there. Talking is the best way to resolve these things

Dec 7, 2008, 08:26 AM

Personally if I'm with a girl in a relationship, I have no desire to go to a strip club. I don't see why other guys would either.

Dec 7, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by High Max View Post
    Personally if im with a girl in a relationship, I have no desire to go to a strip club. I don't see why other guys would either.
    It really depends on the situation. If its just a normal day and you want to go and your dating someone that's kind of werid. But if its like a birthday party or bachlor party etc. then it's a little bit different don't you think
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 08:31 AM

Lets be real, the only reason he agreed to her demands ( as with most guys) was not to sleep on the couch, or catch some other kind of boohoo treatment.

If he had simply talked, and said no, they may not get together. What a set up. Still its her problem to deal with, and guys, don't make promises you can't keep.

His logic is good male logic for avoiding being confronted by a mad female, who is holding all the cards, and right, and wrong, have gone out the window.
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 08:31 AM

I think it's just about male bonding. If they go once a week, yes. I think it is a problem.

I think it's fun to go with my boyfriend. I can remember two times that my boyfriend went without me, and it was because his friends invited him. It was cool with me. I trust him. That is the key. He came home to me and had great sex with me. I know he wasn't throwing dollars are getting a lap dance.

Some of those girls aren't all that great anyway!

Like I said, I think it's just a male bonding/ harmonal thing.

Dec 7, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by southerngalps View Post
    i think it's just about male bonding. if they go once a week, yes. i think it is a problem.

i think it's fun to go with my boyfriend. i can remember two times that my boyfriend went without me, and it was because his friends invited him. it was cool with me. i trust him. that is the key. he came home to me and had great sex with me. i know he wasn't throwing dollars are getting a lap dance.

some of those girls aren't all that great anyway!

like i said, i think it's just a male bonding/ harmonal thing.
    Exactly and its not like anything would happen with a stripper they just want your money they wouldn't do anything other than dance for you. And a lot of those girls arnt that great.. kinda gross actually when you see them in the light haha
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by skydive4life View Post
    exactly and its not like anything would happen with a stripper they just want your money they wouldnt do anything other than dance for you. and alot of those girls arnt that great..kinda gross actually when you see them in the light haha

Haha... yes. Please. Don't turn on the lights!

This one that we went to had the nastiest smell too! It smelled like too much nasty pu**y!

Yeek. Who would want a lap dance then? It's just for Sh**s and giggles!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend owning a strip club. [ 2 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for four years, and we have lived together for one year. He makes a lot of money, and has always been financially responsible. He is very business-minded, and is always trying to come up with the most efficient way to make money. Recently, he and a friend of his...

My boyfriend went to a strip club! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years, and we totally trust each other and everything is going good. He went away for a few days with his friends and when he came back he told me he went to a strip club (also he told he was at Hooters and they "unexpected" had a bikini contest")...

I'm still mad at my boyfriend for going to a strip club [ 6 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 7 months and before we dated he would go to strip clubs every now and then with his friends but hasn't gone since we've been together. The other day he went to the strip club with his friends. I really didn't want him to go but he insisted that I had nothing to worry...

Boyfriend and strip club [ 9 Answers ]

Ok so my boyfriend of 3 years, has gone to strip clubs in the past before we started dating, and we have even gone together with a group of friends, and he has claimed over and over that he doesn't really like going. The other day he was nice enough to ask he if I minded if he went with some of his...

My boyfriend went to a strip club [ 12 Answers ]

I have kind of a long story and want to know what I should do... I met my boyfriend on line over four years ago... we used to just talk to each other and after a few months we decided to be boyfriend/girlfriend... I live in ny and he lives in ky... we've met in person and in July we went away to...

View more questions Search