Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ironsheik7 Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Dec 6, 2008, 06:37 PM
    Am I damned and going to hell
    where do I even begin. First off this is going to get really crazy and don't know how many people will believe me . But here goes nothing...

I used to not believe in god , I practiced black magic and through a website a guy was talking about lucifer was the creator of mankind and all humans where made by him .I actually believed this for years . Anyway one christmas morning this was about 4 or 5 years ago. I went out to smoke when I smoked Id guess it was maybe 2 am . I was standing on my porch smoking and noticed the full moon which was close and very bright. I stared at the moon as I smoked and some kind of fog slowly came out of it. I kept thinkn what in the world is that. Then it formed the face of jesus christ I could see his eyes his hair his ears and the expression on his face was one of anger and his eyes stared at me hard... it about scared me to death.I standed there speechless his face was there maybe 20 seconds then that fog slowly disappeared .

well now I know there indeed is a god .and it isn't no lucifer... I still didn't know much about religion or christianity.. untill some time later I saw a video on YouTube ab9out going to hell and being saved and going to heaven. I can remember as a child 11 or 12 going to church of god but never paid attention really . So now I'm learning about hell at this point... and watched a video on YouTube this baptist guy says just ask jesus for his gift of salvation and then u can go to heaven and still sin all u want... no church going,baptism nothn, just a prayer of give me the gift for give my sins and your good to go. So I done it...

I thought OK so I did just that.. cause I thought this guy was telling the truth you can sin and do all u want and go to heaven.. well after reading the bible and studying a bit I found out this isn't the case at all...

I became so angry at all of this being lied to by this once saved always doctrine...
    I screamed angryly to the sky I'm so sick of all this religious crap I can't take it anymore... I rejected god and christs salvation saying I don't care anymore I reject you god and I reject u jesus and your salvation u can send me to hell for all I care .

Not only that but some time later . I said outloud to the sky maybe your not even a good god jesus christ your probably some evil spirit.. thats right I think your an evil spirit...

some time has passed about a year and half since I said this stuff...
    and I've recently got back into christianity . And have been reading the bible like never before... and watchn a lot of jimmy swaggart and different preaching shows online... and my mind is changing I'm over my angryness and want to get right with the lord. There's a problum though...

I recently read about the unforgivable sin where these guys said jesus had an unclean spirit and he said no forgiveness for them... and I done the same thing that these men had done... I called jesus an evil spirit

12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

12:27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.

12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

12:29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? And then he will spoil his house.

12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

not only that a christian site said the following

Those whom God has called to receive the knowledge of salvation will not be given a second chance if they sin willfully. Hebrews 10:26-29; 6:4-6.
    10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

So I have a few strikes against me I've done the unforgivable sin. And said jesus u are an evil spirit , and according to the christian site I've rejected salvation and willfully sinned. They also said jesus died once for each man. If u reject or willfully sin you will just have to go to hell that's the way it is for jesus can't sacrifice himself again.tell me what u think am I done for ? Am I going to hell with no way out..
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2008, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsheik7 View Post
    I became so angry at all of this being lied to by this once saved always doctrine.....
    I screamed angryly to the sky im so sick of all this religious crap i can't take it anymore.... i rejected god and christs salvation saying i dont care anymore I reject you god and I reject u jesus and ur salvation u can send me to hell for all i care .

Not only that but some time later . I said outloud to the sky maybe ur not even a good god jesus christ ur prolly some evil spirit..thats right I think ur an evil spirit.....

[snip for brevity]

I recently read about the unforgivable sin where these guys said jesus had an unclean spirit and he said no forgiveness for them... and i done the same thing that these men had done.....I called jesus an evil spirit
    First and most importantly, I see nothing in what you said suggesting that you committed the unforgivable sin which is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Blasphemy against the Father and the Son can be forgiven.

Second, the fact that you are concerned about it may in fact be evidence that the Holy Spirit is in fact still drawing you to Him, leading you to a closer walk with God. That would not happen if you had committed the unforgivable sin.

The verse regarding wilfully sinning must be taken in context of both the local area of scripture and the original language. The reference is not so much referring to sin generally, but to a specific sin of rejecting salvation. So in context, it is referring to someone who has been saved, and directly rejects their salvation.

The third point that I would like to make is that salvation is not as easy as just saying a prayer or any set of words. It is something that takes place in your being, or what we commonly call your heart - it is the innermost part of your being, and the change is to make a decision to accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour and submit yourself to Him. Once again, if you have committed this sin, it seems unlikely that you would be interested in coming to the Lord now.

I am not sure how much you know about the gospel, but if you would like to discuss further, I would be quite willing to take this offline with you. You can email me at [email protected]
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2008, 08:11 PM

I'd like to second what Tj3 has written. Try to remember that even when you cry out angrily at God you are at least still speaking to him; you are still having a conversation with him (and it is evident that he still speaks to you). Be patient with yourself, and let your faith continue to grow in you. What Tj says about the heart is true, and very important. You may have noticed that he and I disagree about a lot on these boards, but we certainly agree about you.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsheik7 View Post
    where do I even begin. First off this is going to get really crazy and don't know how many people will believe me . But here goes nothing...
    I believe you. I've had some similar experiences.

I used to not believe in god ,
    I was an atheist from about the age of 13, to about 27.

I practiced black magic and through a website a guy was talking about lucifer was the creator of mankind and all humans where made by him .I actually believed this for years . Anyway one christmas morning this was about 4 or 5 years ago. I went out to smoke when I smoked Id guess it was maybe 2 am . I was standing on my porch smoking and noticed the full moon which was close and very bright. I stared at the moon as I smoked and some kind of fog slowly came out of it. I kept thinkn what in the world is that. Then it formed the face of jesus christ I could see his eyes his hair his ears and the expression on his face was one of anger and his eyes stared at me hard... it about scared me to death.I standed there speechless his face was there maybe 20 seconds then that fog slowly disappeared .

well now I know there indeed is a god .and it isn't no lucifer... I still didn't know much about religion or christianity.. untill some time later I saw a video on YouTube ab9out going to hell and being saved and going to heaven. I can remember as a child 11 or 12 going to church of god but never paid attention really . So now I'm learning about hell at this point... and watched a video on YouTube this baptist guy says just ask jesus for his gift of salvation and then u can go to heaven and still sin all u want... no church going,baptism nothn, just a prayer of give me the gift for give my sins and your good to go. So I done it...

I thought OK so I did just that.. cause I thought this guy was telling the truth you can sin and do all u want and go to heaven.. well after reading the bible and studying a bit I found out this isn't the case at all...

I became so angry at all of this being lied to by this once saved always doctrine...
    I screamed angryly to the sky I'm so sick of all this religious crap I can't take it anymore... I rejected god and christs salvation saying I don't care anymore I reject you god and I reject u jesus and your salvation u can send me to hell for all I care .

Not only that but some time later . I said outloud to the sky maybe your not even a good god jesus christ your probably some evil spirit.. thats right I think your an evil spirit...

some time has passed about a year and half since I said this stuff...
    and I've recently got back into christianity . And have been reading the bible like never before... and watchn a lot of jimmy swaggart and different preaching shows online... and my mind is changing I'm over my angryness and want to get right with the lord. There's a problum though...

I recently read about the unforgivable sin where these guys said jesus had an unclean spirit and he said no forgiveness for them... and I done the same thing that these men had done... I called jesus an evil spirit

12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

12:27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.

12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

12:29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? And then he will spoil his house.

12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

not only that a christian site said the following

Those whom God has called to receive the knowledge of salvation will not be given a second chance if they sin willfully. Hebrews 10:26-29; 6:4-6.
    10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

So I have a few strikes against me I've done the unforgivable sin.
    No you haven't.

and said jesus u are an evil spirit , and according to the christian site I've rejected salvation and willfully sinned.
    You haven't rejected salvation until you've quit seeking salvation.

they also said jesus died once for each man. If u reject or willfully sin you will just have to go to hell that's the way it is for jesus can't sacrifice himself again.tell me what u think am I done for ? Am I going to hell with no way out..
    I don't know. That's between you and God. But if you want to go to heaven and to be with God, then reject Satan and all his works. And embrace Jesus Christ.

As for me, I'm Catholic. I believe the Catholic Church teaches the Fullness of Truth and I invite you to seek within the Catholic Church for your own salvation. Here are some Catholic resources where you might want to begin:

The Catholic Community forum.

These are good group of knowledgeable Catholics who can answer many of your questions. A priest also responds to questions on this forum.
    Catholic Community Forum - Powered by vBulletin

St. Paul Bible Study

This is an excellent Bible Study and its free.
    St. Paul Center For Biblical Theology

You might also look in your local phone book and find the closest Catholic Church to your home. They generally have classes and talks. And of course, they all have the Mass.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2008, 01:32 PM

I agree with what I have read the others say.
    If you committed the unforgivable sin God would have given you over to a reprobate mind and you would not have an interest in pleasing God and learning and having a thirst to grow spiritually.
    God knows your heart and it is the result that matters not what it took to get you there. Paul murdered Christians and look how God used him to his glory.
    Also remember you can not have faith if you never knew what it was to doubt. You can not appreciate joy if you never knew sorrow.

So continue growing in God and eventually your doubts will give way to knowing God loves you.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 06:14 PM

Ok, I may get POUNCED on but I'm going to tell you what I believe Jesus means when he talks about the "unforgivable sin". It is MY thought. Well first off, I would like to say.. NO you haven't committed it. AND then second of course rejecting Christ every time the Holy Spirit prompts you to say Yes.. finally the Holy Spirit leaves... and you don't get the opportunity and die in your sins, you end up in hell. THAT is a given.

But I believe that Jesus is talking about all the miracles he performed right before the nation of Israels eyes while he was on EARTH and they walked away unbelieving. I believe THAT is the unforgivable sin. Take a good look at Judas... he knew Jesus like WE will never know him. As a man... GOD but a man walking on this earth. He saw everything that the Lord did... every miracle and the thing is... he didn't really believe. I believe all those people that walked off unbelieving when the Lord raised Lazarus from the dead... GRIEVED the HOly Spirt and they walked away... UNBELIEVERS.

Those are my thoughts anyway. As long as you have breath and you haven't taken the mark of the beast... you STILL can be saved.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 08:19 PM

You can always be forgiven if you repent, And you can accept Christ by just accepting him if you really mean it, not just saying it.

It is that easy, if you just want it to be
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Dec 8, 2008, 05:02 AM

I just wish that all of us here have the will to put ourselves on the cross like you do.God has not given up on you, please don't give up on Him!
    God is able to give life to dead dry bones and I am sure that you are in a better condition than that!Grabb my hand brother, I will help you with your cross!My shoulder is at your service!
    revdrgade Posts: 162, Reputation: 37

Dec 8, 2008, 10:40 PM
    A person who has sinned against the Holy Spirit doesn't care if they can ever be saved. To shut out the Holy Spirit is to shut off the only means by which a person would want to be saved.

No, you haven't committed that sin.

However the devil will keep telling you that you have. That's his method of making you doubt how great the love of God is for you. God does not turn away those who seek Him.

Over 400 years before Jesus came into the world to redeem us, God had Isaiah write this of Him:

Mt 12:20-21
    20 A bruised reed he will not break,
    And a smoldering wick he will not snuff out,
    Till he leads justice to victory.
    21 In his name the nations will put their hope."
    NIV

You sound pretty "bruised" and are just "smoldering" in faith toward God. But He will get you straightened and on fire in faith. Just keep on doing what you have started to do: read His word:

2 Pe 1:19-21

19 And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
    NIV

The Holy Spirit of God is the one who had the Bible written and He is the one makes it alive and understandable in our hearts. It's not a difficult book for those who are seeking to know God and His will for their lives. You may need a teacher or two to help, but you already know that you can understand it......even as you did when you rejected that "you can be saved and keep on living in sin" teaching.

You also ought to know that God Himself CHOSE you. Or you wouldn't be here asking us about Him.

2 Th 2:13-17
    13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
    NIV

Ro 8:28-35

28 We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose. 29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren. 30 And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified.

31 What then shall we say to this? If God is for us, who is against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, will he not also give us all things with him? 33 Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies; 34 who is to condemn? Is it Christ Jesus, who died, yes, who was raised from the dead, who is at the right hand of God, who indeed intercedes for us? 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
    RSV

God has an exciting life that He wants to lead you into and through... before you get to meet Him face to face in eternity.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 11:15 PM
    I am not a "scholar" here, and while I am not Catholic, I grew up in the faith, and I honestly believe the following...

Lord I am not worthy to receive thee, but only say the word and I shall be healed.

I believe there is nothing you can do that is beyond the salvation offered to you if you are true and righteous in repentance.

This is not a blank check for you to do your bidding and then seek redemption. That is false action. It is deceit.

But Christ did not seek out the most devout. He did not spend His precious time with those on the righteous path. He lived his life among us... the incomplete, the lost, the forsaken.

Please... do not for one moment think that you are beyond redemption, beyond salvation.

This is just not true.

But do you ask can you be forgiven for you past... or do you ask can you be forgiven for the deeds you plan?

Only God knows at what point you become evil and beyond redemption... personally, I believe we are all hindered, marred, incomplete.

But at some point you must choose right from wrong... and you seem a liitle eager to accept a fate of pain...

Why?
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2008, 01:29 AM
    ironsheik7,
    I agree with what Tj3, Akoue, De Maria, Fr Chuck and much of what others have already said here to help you.
    I welcome you to the belief in God and Jesus Christ.
    I believe what you saw in the moon that night was a vision meant particularly for you.
    One sight that has been of great help to people like you and me id the Coming Home Network.
    It is for people who want to come home to God and His religion.
    You can ask questions and converse with experts with any problems you may have with the truth about Christianity and anyone who MAY try to mislead you.
    You can get in touch with it at the following web site;
    Just click on it...
    The Coming Home Network International
    The Holy Spirit is a persons best friend.
    I'll pray for the Holy Spirit to continue to be the best friend to you and guide you.
    You are on a marvelous journey to a happy spiritual life that can bring you much joy.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    secretive Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 09:54 PM

If you have figured out your mistake and noe believe our fatherlord on heaven, then I don't believe you are going to hell. Just ask and pray for forgiveness. Jesus died on thechrist for every sin we make now and in the future, but you should still pray and ask him to forgive you. We are all human and we all make mistakes, that's why no one is perfect.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 10:04 PM
    secretive,
    That's some good advice.
    I hope he takes is.
    Fred
    DominusVobiscum Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    I believe you. I've had some similar experiences.

As for me, I'm Catholic. I believe the Catholic Church teaches the Fullness of Truth and I invite you to seek within the Catholic Church for your own salvation.
    Oohra!
    DominusVobiscum Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    First and most importantly, I see nothing in what you said suggesting that you committed the unforgivable sin which is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Blasphemy against the Father and the Son can be forgiven.
    [/email]
    The Father is the Son Who is the Holy Spirit. The Son is the Holy Spirit Who is the Father. The Holy Spirit is the Son Who is the Father. They are all one and the same eternal God. So blasphemy against the Father or the Son IS blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is believing that your sin is too bad for God to forgive. He can and will forgive any and all of your sins as long as you come to Him as a child; with an open and contrite heart.
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DominusVobiscum View Post
    The Father is the Son Who is the Holy Spirit. The Son is the Holy Spirit Who is the Father. The Holy Spirit is the Son Who is the Father. They are all one and the same eternal God. So blasphemy against the Father or the Son IS blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is believing that your sin is too bad for God to forgive. He can and will forgive any and all of your sins as long as you come to Him as a child; with an open and contrite heart.
    What you describe is known as "modalism" or "Oneness theology" is is generally described as a heresy. The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are three distinct persons and yet are one God.

Matt 12:31-32
    31 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
    NKJV
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 06:38 PM
    DominusVobiscum ,
    Welcome.
    Good for you, another firm Catholic believer.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    samdarwen Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2009, 02:58 AM
    We all made mistakes.. That is why we need forgiveness.. We all have sins.. The most important part is what are you now...
    If you read the Bible like you said.. You will find that Jesus himselfe was on earth to help the siners, not the ones that are not lost..
    When the ones that didn't believe in him, nor they did latre on.. Those people were in the ones that will be send to heaven, and spoke of them too.. But YOU.. not that I can tell you my friend.. It's you how walk the road.. you alone can take yourself to heaven or to hell..
    Your believe and your work in this life, is what drive you to go to hell or heaven, not unfinished stories..
    God bless
    Sam
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 09:27 PM
    samdarwen,
    You are right on that.
    It is we and what we do and don't do that takes us to the Judged who judges our works or non works about where we will go.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 09:32 PM

Scripture says that those who have received Christ as Saviour are not judged by works, but rather His righteousness is imputed to us:

1 John 1:9-10
    9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    NKJV

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Damned if we do... Damned if we don't [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: Freddy Mac and Fannie May are bankrupt. They are about to collapse. They guarantee HALF the mortgages in this country. That's a $Trillion (WITH A T) worth of debt. The government is being encouraged to bail them out because, they say, we can't afford for them to fail. If your...

What the hell am I doing? [ 4 Answers ]

What a mess I have made of my life. I met the woman of my dreams 10 months ago. Tall, beautiful, funny, sexy, great career, an absolute dream. Things were amazing immediately. The chemistry was out of this world. After a few months of dating we talked about moving in together and began looking for...

Damned if I do, damned if I don't! [ 11 Answers ]

Obviously, this isn't a new subject. And unfortunately I don't think it'll ever go away. So here's my story, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm almost 22.. I have a little boy who will be 5 this summer. I'm planning on getting married in May of 08. My soon to be husband would like to...

Unwanted pregnancy - damned if you do, damned if you don't? [ 26 Answers ]

I've been reading posts about unwanted pregnancies and it has prompted me consider the matter on a deeper level. It seems to me that when you are confronted with an unwanted pregnancy, you will always be criticized by the choice you make. Keep the baby, adopt the baby or abort the baby. They...

Damned if I do, damned if I don't. [ 6 Answers ]

Well as you all know my parents split up before xmas, and things were really tensed for a while. Soon after things settled down and everyone was getting on a lot better. However once again the tables have turned. My mum is now having financial problems and contnously blames me for...

View more questions Search