Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    booboo11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Total Termite Problems
    Hi,
    I have been getting new roof quotes and the 3rd one I received ($13,000 for my 1000 square foot flat roof) told me that I have termites! Not just termites, but that the entire interior walls are gone from them and I am better off walking away from the house. We bought this house almost three years ago and had a home inspector, inspect the house before we bought it. It was built in 1939 and very charming! I am sick! We have a termite inspector coming to check it out. Could someone be able to tell if the termite problem is this bad from being on my roof for 15 minutes? Thanks so much!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 07:26 PM

The guy on your roof can't possibly check for termites throughout your home from the roof. Please pay no attention to this con. Listen to what the termite inspector has to say and SHOW you where there is or isn't any termite damage. The damage they do is quite evident to the naked eye and you can see for yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is termite damage covered ? [ 1 Answers ]

I'd like to know if termite damage is normally covered under a home insurance policy. Or, does this depend on the individual policy where we have to go back and read the policy itself to see if this is covered ? Thanks

Drywood termite treatment [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 80 year old detached garage located in s. fla. That I am converting into an apt. It is wood frame stucco. Like nearly every older structure I have worked on in the last 30 years there are dry wood termites. I have seen a few where the stucco and wire lath are the only thing supporting a...

Level 2 termite damage [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know what "Level 2" termite damage is? I am buying a house and the seller said that after the termite inspection, he'd be liable for Level 1 damage, but I'd be liable for Level 2 or higher. Sounds like it might be expensive.

Termite Question [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I have termites in a piece of wood in my garage. I see the mud tube coming up from the edge of the foundation and entering into a stud. The wood seems solid and I'm thinking of removing and replacing it, but what about the ones I don't get when I cut it out? Anyone had any experience with these...

View more questions Search