Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hugbear Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 05:12 PM
    8 Weeks having negative thought that I don't love my partner
    For the past 8 weeks at least I keep having this negative thought that I don't love my partner. I have been with my partner for 10 years and honestly this thought is crap and it is so far from the truth. I am obsessed by this thought, we had an argument and ever since this thought is there. Has anyone else had this problem and what can I do, it is really getting me down. Honestly I want to be with my partner the rest of my life but I am so annoyed that this thought is always there.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2008, 05:15 PM

I am guessing that you are angry with your partner. What was the argument about? Do you feel it was resolved?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2008, 06:09 PM

To resent something means literally to feel emotions again.

And again

And again.

And again.

Believe it or not – there is something seductive about this repetitiveness. It can be done quite effortlessly, it's familiar. Nothing new needs to be learned, no new perspective needs to be considered.

It's also a massive waste of time.

This I copies from a web site on resentments.

If this is something you think you feel,I can either look for more like this or I can come back and help you address this issue with you.

Hope this helped,

KBC
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 08:05 PM

It sounds like you got shook by the argument or that the partner was correct about something and you were wrong. That has upset your view of yourself and you can't deal with being wrong or deal with your partner's anger. So, you want to punish your partner by not loving him/her. Except you're too afraid to voice this to the partner.

Relax... no one is perfect, not even close... no situation is perfect, only in our dreams. :)

Dec 8, 2008, 12:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by asking View Post
    I am guessing that you are angry with your partner. What was the argument about? Do you feel it was resolved?
    I use to drink too much and have not drank for 12 months, my partner said that I am not to drink that night and I resented him for that. The fact is that I am glad he said that as I never really want to drink again.

Dec 8, 2008, 12:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    To resent something means literally to feel emotions again.

and again

and again.

and again.

believe it or not – there is something seductive about this repetitiveness. it can be done quite effortlessly, it’s familiar. Nothing new needs to be learned, no new perspective needs to be considered.

It’s also a massive waste of time.

This I copies from a web site on resentments.

If this is something you think you feel,I can either look for more like this or I can come back and help you address this issue with you.

Hope this helped,

KBC
    I am not coping with this thought at all
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 12:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hugbear View Post
    I am not coping with this thought at all
    Please explain not coping with this thought.

Dec 8, 2008, 01:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Please explain not coping with this thought.
    Well I started a new job today and can't even concentrate as this thought it going in my head all the time. I really want it to end
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:25 AM

Congratulations, by the way! That's wonderful. Of course being sober presents it's own challenges, I've heard, as you have to cope with old problems in new ways. Do you have support for your sobriety?

So it was not the substance of what your partner said that bothered you, since you don't want to drink again. Was it the way your partner said it? Did you feel that he was talking down to you? What about him seemed less lovable than before?
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Well I started a new job today and can't even concentrate as this thought it going in my head all the time. I really want it to end
    This site has a great page on obsessive thinking.

Maybe it will help you identify the activity your going through today.

Obsession / Obsessive Thinking Part 1

Read it and let us know what you think.:)

KBC
    jubags Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 07:06 AM
    For the past 8 weeks at least I keep having this negative thought that I dont love my partner. I have been with my partner for 10 years and honestly this thought is crap and it is so far from the truth. I am obsessed by this thought, we had an argument and ever since this thought is there. Has anyone else had this problem and what can I do, it is really getting me down. Honestly I want to be with my partner the rest of my life but I am so annoyed that this thought is always there.
    Hi. You're not the only one. I too have these thoughts, and like you, when I'm OK, I know these thoughts aren't true! If you want to send me a private message to discuss further that would be fine. I've never found anyone else before who has this same problem. Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

Over two weeks late but HPT says Negative? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I was wondering, how long after a missed period, should a Home Pregnancy Test read Positive? The first day of my last period was June 13th and I have taken about 4 Home Pregnancy Tests in the last 2 1/2 weeks. I have been pregnant 3 times before, and found out very soon after conception... in...

8 weeks late and negative HPT [ 2 Answers ]

It has been more than 8 weeks since my last period. My last Period was Aug. 24 Last month (Sep) I had very light pink spotting 1 time the day I was supposed to start and nothing since. I am now 3 days late for the next period. HPT are still negative. I have 3 children and my test before always...

6 and 1/2 weeks since last period and still negative results [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, it has been 6 weeks since my last period, I have taken several tests and all have turned out Negative, I have bloating in my abdomen and been more tired than usual but other than that no other signs of pregnancy, I wouldn't even think that I was pregnant if it hadn't of happened with my first...

View more questions Search