Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taddpole1956 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Never signed title over
    I live in PA. I owned a mobile home in a mobile home park,In September, I listed the mobile home for sale for 3700.00. The man who bought the mobile home was told, he would have to be approved by the park(credit check, job verification,etc... ) One week later he contacted me and gave me a check for $3000.00, I told him, he didn't have the remainder, we could work out a payment agreement. We agreed verbaling that he would pay the remainder by October 15th. I wanted to sign the title over to him immediately but, he said he wanted to wait till he gave me the $700.00 still owed. His son and daughter in law started moving in on October 1st. The man and I talked several times during this time,never bringing up the matter of the monies owed. Shortly after the 15th of October,the man would no longer call me or return the calls I made to him online or by phone. The son said,he does"t talk to his dad too much. Then after many weeks,(November 20th) on a Thursday, I received a call and a time to meet at my home, (mobile home aside of the one I sold) to pay balance owed. After having to call off work,because he was 3 hours late getting there, I preceded letting him in offering a beverage,we made small talk for an hour or so,then I bring up the monies owed, and he proceeds to tell me,he brought the wrong check book,and that he would come back on the following Monday, and write a check.( Then we would both drive to the notary to sign the title) Well here it is, 17 days later, and he never showed up, he won't return my phone calls or emails. I even emailed him and told him the money isn't even an issue at this point. I need to get the mobile home out of my name, (My husband is in Iraq, and we are leaving for VA. February !st)Also I have found out,he has never filled out a credit application for the park. His son and daughter in law, pay me the rent and I send it up to the office. They didn't have the whole amount, so I had to pay it.( the lease at that home is still in my name, I never thought this would happen.) I also told him through email, that if he wanted the $3000.00 back, I would write him a check. NO ANSWER What are my legal rights?? How do I get the home out of my name?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 05:15 PM

You don't need him to sign anything. You are the one who signs the title and has it notarized. Then you give him the executed title and it's up to HIM to take it to the DMV and have transferred into his name. Once you sign the title over to him the home is not yours any longer.

If you are leaving the state and want to really make sure he is taking care of everything on his end, why not just go there in person to where he lives and HAND him the executed title to the home? Make a copy of the executed title for yourself before handing it over to him and notify the state that you did sell this mobile home to him and gave him the executed title. If he chooses not to have the title to the house put into his name, oh well. You did everything you could do under the circumstances. You don't have to bother about the mobile home park rent either. If someone is living there and they have not been park approved, then if the park decides to evict them from the home you are not involved as you are not the owner and don't live there any longer. You should not have accepted a dime from this guy until you knew he was accepted by the park. You messed up there, but the park can either approve or deny the family now living there. You do need to notify the park that the home is sold and you don't live there any longer and if the rent is not paid you are not responsible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I-751 not signed [ 1 Answers ]

Did not sign I-751. Filed for Divorce BEFORE the two years. Contacted Immigration withdrawing sponsorship and pending divorce and they confirmed receipt of withdrawal and pending divorce. Spouse didn't sign divorce papers for 6 months after being served. Uncontested divorced finally finalized...

Co signed car loan and title [ 12 Answers ]

I cosigned on an auto loan with our daughter. The car title and loan are in both of our names. She is going to move out and has been unreliable in making payments. I have had to bail her out more than once. I want her to either get the loan and title in her name alone or turn in her car. She...

View more questions Search