Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Dec 6, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Window Film Removal
    1994 Mercury Grand Marquis. The after market film has been there for 14 years. Removing the side window film should be no problem with heat & razor blade. The rear window has a defroster wire. It is feared that a razor blade would damage this wire. Any suggestions? Additionally, how do you deal with the remaining adhesive on the glass after the film has been removed?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 04:01 PM

Try 91% isopropyl alcohol on the remaining adhesive. Spray it on and let it soak. Then try removing with a razor blade. I'm not too sure you'll be able to remove the rear window film due to the defrost coil. Try calling up one of the places that does window tinting and ask them if they do rear window removal of film.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Window removal and replace with a wall [ 3 Answers ]

I need to remove a large old style wooden sash window and want to fill it in to use as wall space. It is in the front wall of the house. How to I tell if it is weight bearing wall or doesn't it make any difference? And would all I need to do is build a frame and then put studs in?

How to close all the childwindows(popup window) when closing the parent window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: Here I will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and I am using 70 to...

Film title of 80 s film [ 4 Answers ]

This is driving me crazy! I watched a film some time in the late eighties think it was a foreign arty film where a girl meets a man on a train and they start up a weird relationship and moves inwith him , he was foreign and think she may have been as well but spoke english, think her name was...

What is this film?-Film About History of India? [ 1 Answers ]

When I was about 10 in the late 70's/early 80's I saw a film on TV that was in color, and from cinematography looked as if it was filmed in the 60's. I think it was overdubbed in english. It looked like a historical epic about a struggle for a throne set in India. Battle scenes on elephants,...

View more questions Search