Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iloverandy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Why is my boyfriend so possessive?
    My boyfriends name is randy. We have been together for 7 months. He has a huge issue with me talking to guys or even looking at guys. My mom tells me its because he is afraid to loose me but in reality if he keeps being that way he WILL end up losing me, even if i do love him with all my heart..What should i do to bring some sense into his beautiful head? [/IMG]:(
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2008, 12:49 PM

Hello there :) with most young guys they get insecuer. And needy.

He probable feels that these guys are better looking than him. And you will leave him.

Just talk with him. Tell him how you feel. That if he keeps on acting this way. He will lose you.
    Tell him to trust you. And when you are with someone. You stay with them.

And you are allowed to talk to who you want.

Good luck
    NItEMArE129 Posts: 222, Reputation: 29

Dec 6, 2008, 12:55 PM

Talk to him about it. Harboring these feelings and not telling him is bad. You need to let him know that he's pushing you away and that if he changes you guys will have a stronger relationship.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 01:00 PM

If it doesn't get into his head then yes he will learn the hard way that his insecurity is exactly what ended up defeating the relationship. Most guys that are insecure never change and there is nothing you can do to make them change. So if you don't get through to him don't lie to yourself thinking someday he will change or someday he will outgrow it. He won't.
    timtim-awesim Posts: 54, Reputation: -2

Dec 7, 2008, 01:10 AM

Why would you have a problem with him being jealous? That just shows you are real important to him. He might not be scared that you will cheat on him. He probably just likes to think that he is the only guy you're interested in. when you flirt with another dude, that makes him feel like he isn't everything to you
    (when you're in love with somebody, they ARE everything to you)
    timtim-awesim Posts: 54, Reputation: -2

Dec 7, 2008, 01:13 AM
    My advice: let him be jealous. It isn't hurting you. Unless he fights other guys or yells at you. But if he jut gets sad/upset/depressed, then I think YOU are at fault in this situation. You can't blame him for YOUR wandering eyes
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 01:15 AM

Just reassure him that you are with him, and that is where your interest is. If he catches a guy looking at you then just say "but I'm with you, sweetie" and hug him..
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 10:09 AM

Be honest, and tell him what he does turns you off, and your not going for that type of behavior. Then stick by what you say.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I so jealous and possessive? [ 10 Answers ]

I am extremely jealous whenever my boyfriend talks to other girls that I don't know, or even some that I do know, and like. I am also constantly worrying that I am not attractive enough for him, or at least not anymore. I have gained a lot of weight since we first knew each other, but every time I...

A Friend and His Possessive Girlfriend [ 8 Answers ]

Hello Well I haven't posted in a while, partly because things in life have been going well. However, I have a very good friend of mine who is having relationship problems and he really needs some advice. Problem is I don't know what to tell him. So here is the dilemma. He has been in this...

Is he possessive or justified? [ 6 Answers ]

I've been dating a guy for about a year and he absolutely hates a male co-worker of mine who I am good friends with. Admittedly I used to flirt a lot with this co-worker and even kissed him once before I was dating this new guy. Now we're just good friends (and we still do talk a lot) so my...

Am I Possessive? [ 17 Answers ]

I don't like it when my girlfriend dances with other guys when she goes out, and I tell her that it makes me feel uncomfortable. She wants to compromise on this issue but I don't see how it's possible... I just don't like it. Am I wrong to tell her that it makes me feel uncomfortable and I don't...

Possessive Boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 3 years and 9 months. He has always been protective of me, but I always thought he would grow out of his parinoia, he had a bad meth problem for several years before me that I helped him kick. This is kind of a long story, please bear...

View more questions Search