Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suebeesushi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Facebook Virus
    I ran Ad-Aware and had 2 criticals which I quarantined - now I am unable to send any messages through my inbox - getting an error saying /ajax/inbox/ajax.php web address does not exist - what do I do to restore this?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2008, 02:51 PM

You can try to go back with system restore when this was not happening

If you do not know system restore, post back with xp or vista you are using
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Dec 14, 2008, 10:34 PM

Using Internet Explorer, go to:

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/d...d=ie&venid=sym

Click the GO button, then under Virus Detection, click Start. You might be told that you need to download and install ActiveX Controls for the scan to work, answer Yes.

Write down exactly anything it finds, then go to: : and do a search for what was found. Symantec usually has a removal tool and/or directions for removing manually. Make sure that you follow the instructions for removal, step by step, especially the part regarding disabling System Restore.

Hope this helps!
    Whiskey14
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 12:34 AM

It can be spyware so, go for all the scanning with updated anti virus and try to go back to system restore and put your internet security on high. Keep the firewall turn on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't log into Facebook [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering if i had a virus on my computer ive tried everyway to log into facebook and when i get to the beg of the page it goes back to this... we can't find "http://as.casalemedia.com/s?s=82460&u=ht..." what does that mean and i try refresh no luck i try loggin back in different ways no...

Facebook Virus [ 1 Answers ]

I picked up a Trojan virus from trying to open a bogus video on Facebook that my friend didn't actually send himself. Windows said it cleaned it up, but now I can't open Explorer or Firefox. How can I fix this problem?

Facebook event [ 2 Answers ]

Do u have an Idea if I want to make an official Facebook event who shall I try to contact?

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search