Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    czech Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 09:28 AM
    Truck driving with a felony
    Hi! I have a felony conviction that's 5yrs old graduated from trucking school in 2007. Luckly I found a job as a otr trucker. I've been currently working for this company 8months now. Im not Getting enough loads, and have a lot of time off wish means less money. The company was desperate for drivers at the time I guess that's why they hired me:rolleyes:. Anyway I needed the exp so I had to do it. If anyone knows a small family own company,owner operator,team driver, that needs help. I have no dui's, no accindents, no moving violaions in the past 3yrs. I also have my tanker endorsment, I live in Florida and I can drive pete,freightliner,mack,and International Eagel. Just looking for a chance to prove myself worhty godbless :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 09:38 AM
    All you can do is keep applying - in this economy, that's all that anybody can do.

I also doubt you can get commercial trucking insurance - nor can any company - when you have a felony conviction on your record.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 6, 2008, 11:16 AM

It is going to be hard esp today since the trucking industry is in such a slow down.

Dec 6, 2008, 12:01 PM

Thnks 4 but its really hard some people have it worst then me. I know its someone outthere that can help me or give me a chance
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by czech View Post
    thnks 4 but its really hard some people have it worst then me. I kno its some1 outthere that can help me or give me a chance

I sgree - I just don't think those people are reading this Board. I think you have to send out resumes, knock on doors, file employment applications.
    rscott79 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Hey, I have a felony conviction also and I was wondering where you went and they hired you. I don't care where it is, I will move. I have 2 years of OTR driving and I really want to get back into it. Please let me know.
    rscott79 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Above comment is for czech. PLEASE HELP! Any info would be greatly appriciated.

Dec 18, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Where do you live and how old the felony you have. I can see what I can do. I might be leaving the ompany I'm working wit. I have a orientation Monday with another company who might give me a shot. Don't take this the wrong way but before I tell you which company it is I want to put myself in the door 1st.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freee truck driving training for felon but very clean driving record? [ 22 Answers ]

I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar

Truck driving with felony [ 28 Answers ]

I am a convicted felon looking for a job in the truck driving, industry, my conviction is 6 years old, I am looking for trucking companies that are willing to hire a truck driver with a criminal past.

View more questions Search