Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desali Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Trojan Virus
    How do I remove the virus W.32 Silly FDC from my hard drive? I run XP Professional and Symantec. My antivirus has quarantined the virus and says that the system is safe. But every time I run a jump drive, it appears that the virus is activated and I get an autorun message.
    Many thanks
    desali
    jpdaedalus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 02:25 PM

Hello,
    I recommend using Webroot's Spysweeper with Anti-Virus. If that doesn't work then you may have to use a program called killdisc, it will whip all data off your hard drive. Hope this helped!
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Dec 14, 2008, 10:36 PM

Since you have Symantec installed, run a scan on the jump drive. The other thing to remember is to disable system restore before removing any threat, otherwise it will be there the next time you start Windows.

Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trojan virus [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there... well I have been reading up on a lot of the posts that are on here and I have tried a few of them and still nothing... my computer would not let me get on the internet explorer.. the page won't even load up.. so I also ran the scan with mcafee.. and it said it detected a trojan... the...

Trojan virus [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 trojan.byteverify and I can't get them off. I have vista home premium if anyone could help me I would really be thankful

Trojan virus [ 2 Answers ]

I have had my computer for 3 weeks and am just learning, I have now got a trojan virus is there any simple way to get rid of this, please help,

Virus/trojan problem [ 10 Answers ]

Hi , Got a problem getting rid of Elitum.EliteBar I've got the removal tool ran it in safe turned of system restore Ran ccleaner and window washer but it keeps regenarating itself Spybot s&d found it I saw the manual removal instructions but they aren't very clear Any ideas how to purge...

I have virus (pwsteal.trojan) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have virus in my computer called pwsteal.trojan and there is only one infected file : c:\windows\system32\explorer.exe and I have norton 2003 and it couldn't fix it or delete it. Then I tried 2 use (the cleaner)but also it couldn't fix it. Also I tried to enter symantec.com but I didn't...

View more questions Search