Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    please_help_me Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2006, 05:27 AM
    Keyboard in a muddle
    Hiya, don't really know a lot about computers but my keyboard, when pressing the @ key comes up with specch marks and vice vesa. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 4, 2006, 05:30 AM
    You need to check your keyboard layout in Regional settings in the control panel.
    You currently have it set to default to American rather than English.

You want the Languages tab > Details button (top right) > Make sure English(UK) is set as your default input.

Jul 4, 2006, 05:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    You need to check your keyboard layout in Regional settings in the control panel.
    You currently have it set to default to American rather than English.

You want the Languages tab > Details button (top right) > Make sure English(UK) is set as your default input.
    Sorry to be a pain but where abouts in control pannel do I need to be looking?

Jul 4, 2006, 05:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by please_help_me
    sorry to be a pain but where abouts in control pannel do I need to be looking?
    Thanks problem sorted!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PC keyboard charcaters [ 4 Answers ]

Since carrying out a successful hard drive wipe on my PC (with lots of great advice from this forum) I find that several keys on my keyboard have changed their id. For instance the @ key has now become "; the " key has become @ (so the two functions are reversed); the pound sign is missing - the...

Keyboard conflict [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having a little harware problem with my computer. Everything was fine last week, and then my internet got blocked for a few days. After it was working again, I couldn't get my mouse and keyboard working toegther. Both are fine. I know the keyboard is OK because: -If I restart my...

No keyboard at welcome screen xp pro [ 11 Answers ]

I installed spy sweeper on an xp pro machine to remove some adware. After the removal was complete it asked to reboot my system. After the reboot I clicked on the user to login and when I hit any key (to enter password) but the keyboard not responding I tried safe mode reboot but same thing. It...

PS/2 keyboard problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older 700mhz Duron box that Im trying to fix up for a family member. I did an fdisk and formatted the drive for a fresh Windows 98 install. Im booting to a Win98 startup disk and choosing to install from CD. The keyboard works fine for all of this... but as soon as Windows comes to...

View more questions Search