Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedtoknowGal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Need to Remove Cast Iron Bathroom Sink
    I need to remove a cast iron bathroom sink that's bolted onto the wall. I don't see any bolts. Help! Suggestions?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2008, 03:40 PM

If you will remove all of the pipes that are connected to the lavatory, then all you should have to do is to put a hand under each side of he lavatory and lift, you may have to wiggle it a bit, and when it does come off it will be heavy so be careful.

If this helps please rate my answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove the lead and oakum from a 4" cast iron sewer fitting [ 6 Answers ]

How do I remove the lead and oakum from a 4" cast iron bell hub

Remove stuck basket from cast iron utility sink [ 5 Answers ]

We were moving a old cast iron utility tub and needed to replace the drain pipes. When trying to loosen the nut locking the basket to the tub the pipe broke at the top of the locking nut, flush with the bottom of the tub. Now the only thing holding the basket to the tub is 50 or more years of...

Hardening/sealing finish of old cast iron sink [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there guys, I'm helping some friends this coming weekend in their kitchen. We'll be pulling their sink, building some cabinets, replacing the countertop then reinstalling the sink. During the week, they've been stripping some old paint/sealer off the sink with a heat gun. You know the...

Remove cast iron flange [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing a plastic (fiberglass?) shower pan with a new one. I have the existing pan free from the walls and subfloor, but it is still being held in place by the drain flange (I did remove the strainer!). The flange appears to be cast iron (it is very rusted inside) and is about 4 inches...

How to remove cast iron [ 6 Answers ]

I have some sewage pipes in my basement that I have to remove because one of them is cracking and leaking. The problem is that I can't get the joints apart. Does anyone know how to remove the sealing compound for old cast iron pipes. They were put in around 1945 so I am pretty sure that there is...

View more questions Search