Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ducksinarow4224 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Prognosis of non-hodgkins limphoma
    My wife has had two bouts with non hodgkins gone through chemo twice and has been healthy for two months what should we expect at this point?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 01:56 PM

I wish I knew what to tell you. My father passed away about 10 years ago from non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

The cancer was really aggressive especially when they withheld a chemo treatment due to "heart problems". Turned out the "heart problems" was caused by the cancer being aggressive. A senior resident removed fluid from his lung and punctured his lung in the process and didn't tell us. Furthermore, they failed to turn on oxygen after the procedure. He lapsed into a coma and the respirator was disconnected a few days later.

We thought he was doing well also. I think the doctors failed to alert us to the seriousness of the disease and we failed to keep an eye on the hospital staff.

I'll tell you two things: While he is being treated by a cancer doc. Call that doctor and no one else when something needs evaluating.

If hospitalized, keep a close eye on the hospital. Ask what they are doing and going to do.

If there is a doubt about treatment have an autopsy. We didn't. You get "He was going to die anyway" when you don't.

I do think there has been advances. The earlier it was caught, the better chance you have. In our case, it could have been caught earlier. A faint spot on an x-ray wasn't investigated.

I wish I could be more helpful. I know first hand what you are going through.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2008, 02:09 PM

My mom has NH Lymphoma and has gone through 2 cycles of chemo. The first was ineffective and they moved her onto some stuff in clinical testing.

The second course was very debilitating and she voluntarily stopped taking it because of her quality of life. The good news is that she took it long enough to put her in remission.

She is feeling good and putting on a little weight. Since every case is different, I doubt anyone can tell you anything concrete.
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Dec 8, 2008, 12:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ducksinarow4224 View Post
    my wife has had two bouts with non hodgkins gone thru chemo twice and has been healthy for two months what should we expect at this point?
    I would say that the information is inadequate to comment upon. One needs to know the extent of involvement when it was diagnosed initially. Also the description of NHL in terms of its differentiation and IHC. The prognosis will depend on all the factors and most importantly the age.
    jennifer1988 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2009, 06:28 PM
    Yo coji tratamiento de quimio y radio terapia have 1 ano 8 meses estoy bien por haora. Me podra venir el cancer de nuevo.
    jennifer1988 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2009, 06:30 PM
    :confused:
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer1988 View Post
    yo coji tratamiento de quimio y radio terapia hace 1 ano 8 meses estoy bien por haora. me podra venir el cancer de nuevo.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2009, 08:24 PM

Quote Originally Posted by translate.google.com
    via (translate.google.com):

I have took chemo therapy and radio therapy 1 year 8 months ago'm good for Howrah. I may come back cancer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search