Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terriensmomma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2006, 01:11 AM
    Help! My hair is highlighted too white!
    I hope someone can help me! I just got my dark brown hair highlighted today for the first time in a while. My stylist (whom I have never used before to highlight my hair) used a cap and some peroxide to "bleach out" my strands first. Then she was supposed to give me "caramel" highlights. Well, they came out too light and the more I look at them, they look white. I look like I have dark brown and white hair!! I wanted caramel highlights. I had this done out of state and I don't know what to do. Can I use a light brown kit at home? I can't really afford to pay someone else to re-do them. What are my options? The last time I tried to color my hair myself, I turned my hair green.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2006, 02:51 AM
    Is it an option to go back where you did your hair and tell this "professional" hair dresser to sort your hair out because you don't like having white high lights?
    terriensmomma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2006, 08:35 AM
    No, its not an option because I had this done back in my hometown which is another state. I just didn't realize they were too white/light or I would have told her and had them redone. Now, I am in another state away and I feel like a witch.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2006, 11:58 PM
    Once your hair is bleeched I wouldn't risk doing it alone by yourself.
    I don't know how much it costs to get your hair done in your state, but its wise to still get it done professionally and not risk doing it yourself and dying your hair a weird colour.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 5, 2006, 11:16 PM
    On dark hair, highlights should be two shades lighter than the natural color. In order to get caramel highlights, your hair has to be pre-lightened a couple of shades, then you have to deposit the desired color. The hairstylist that did your highlights, bleached it too light and didn't have control over the tone. When you are doing any kind of brownish highlights on dark hair, you should never bleach hair past the orange stage. You only bleach past the orange stage if you want to go blonde. Do not use another coloring kit on your hair, it will make it worse. Please go to the salon for a color correction.
    stacy Juillerat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 04:02 PM
    I have been doing hair color for over 20 years... You will need to put a toner on your hair.. I use Redken shades,, 8wg with a little 8cg... would make your hair caramel... You can try to buy a color at the grocery store,but make sure it says a number 7 or 8 on the box... like dark golden blonde... you need to put warm tones back into your hair.. (if it is white.. )I hope this helps you..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

HELP: Going from Black Hair to Brown Hair [ 42 Answers ]

Ok, firstly, Id like to apologies as I realise there are many topics on this forum about this, however, they have only confused me more, as some say that it is not possible to do it without bleaching, and some say that there are hair dye removal products that can do it. I naturally have dark...

Fixing highlighted hair [ 1 Answers ]

I got my hair highlighted last weekend, I have medium brown hair and now I have a patch of blonde in the front. It came out way too light for my taste and I want to just fix this one part, any suggestions on what over the counter product I can use? I do not want to go back to the salon and spend...

Finding highlighted text in IE [ 4 Answers ]

I use a program that returns a search result in a html page with the various keywords highlighted. Is there an IE add on that will allow me to find the first instance of a highlighted word and subsequentially the next and the next? I prefer it to be in IE but other browsers would be acceptable.

Highlighted folder in XP [ 1 Answers ]

I installed download accelerator on xp and in the start menu and in the all programs section, the download accelerator bit is a different colour. Why?

View more questions Search