Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juliejulie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 04:23 AM
    Does my son hate, or resent me? Or both?
    To-day my son wrote these words to me, "You wouldn't know anything about me. I need to be me. I am me.You want to know me, it's too late. You have never bothered. I am ashamed I have no dad. I have no bros or sisters. I have you. who are you?"

Yes I am a single mother. Have worked hard to no avail, obviously as the reason I workded so hard is now discarding me. Yes, the Marujania has made differences over the 12 year usage of the "stuff" Since before turning 16.

Before the above words were sent, there was a lot of swearing, etc. Knowing how it hurts me, the words came through like SLAP after SLAP after SLAP.

Dec 4, 2008, 04:25 AM

Hello?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 4, 2008, 04:26 AM
    Who uses the marijuana? You or your son?

How old is your son?

Your post is quite hard to understand. Can you clarify it a bit please?
    JackMcHale49 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 04:27 AM
    Just sit down with your son. And talk to him. Nice and quietly, just see what specifically is bothering him, and then you can go from there and try to fix things, I have yelled many thing at my parents, and basically all of them I've never meant,
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 4, 2008, 04:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by juliejulie View Post
    Hello?
    Julie, please understand that this is a message board and not a chat room. We are common people who live ordinary lives. We volunteer our time here for free, and, as such, it may take a while to get an answer. Most of our members are currently sleeping, taking care of families, or working at this time of day.

Please be patient, the answers will start coming in time.

Dec 5, 2008, 03:24 PM

S you requested clarification re the pot - my son has been smoking it since before his 16th birthday and that is a total of 12 years.
    As you know pot is readily available if you have the money.
    marvelus49 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 03:27 PM

Start by acknowledging your son's feelings. Validate them by saying "I know you have negative feelings about me" and "I want to do whatever it takes to improve our relationship."
    marvelus49 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Ask your son to help you find a solution like "what can we do to make this better?" Communication is key. Write letters if you can't find words. Try to break the communication patterns that have developed over time. Admit to him it's hard being a parent. Tell him of your concerns and your desire to find a better way to communicate. Good luck.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2008, 04:44 PM

I think he is trying to reach out and open lines of communication.
    By his age most kids that resent and hate a parent are to the point where they just simply lash out with "You were never there for me. I hate you and want you OUT of my life for good.''
    What he wrote sounds more like a boy crying out for help and desperately wants you to respond in a positive way. So I agree communication and being a part of his life is most important as marvelus said otherwise those could end up being his next words.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option.what should I do? [ 14 Answers ]

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option. People near me are OK but are always either scared or are in an licking state. I hate the environment. I can't quit because I hate to learn and what I know is not good enough. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee tell me what shoul I do! anyone!

Why Do I Resent My Mother? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a 40-year old single professional, who's never been married and for the past 8 months, my 57 year old mother has had to come live with me. She is with me because she is not good with money, etc and every since I was 14 years old, even while she was married to my stepfather, I have been the...

Found my soul mate but will he resent me in the end? [ 14 Answers ]

I met my soul mate nearly 3 months ago now. I’m not normally a romantic and am always sceptical about falling in love with someone. I’ve always believed that it wasn’t possible to fall in love over night. However, I’ve fallen head over heels for this man. He feels the same, we're...

Is it hate [ 3 Answers ]

My sons dad and I dated on and off for 8/1 years but now he is so bitter towards me and he also takes it out on our son he hasn't seen him in a year when we were together he did for him but when I broke it off with him he became so bitter he has anther son that is older than my son and he gets...

My ex said he me to hate him [ 7 Answers ]

ARGH SORRY the title is supposed to be "my ex wants me to hate him". I have no idea what I wrote. Apologies! Hello everyone, ARGH I'm so stressed at the moment, in the middle of exams but I'm crying everyday and having these stupid random breakdowns in the middle of the day. My boyfriend...

View more questions Search