Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vampu Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Apr 14, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Let me clarify, I filed a suit against the car dealer and he did not attend the court summons, so by default I won the case, and when I have contacted the court through phone, they(court staff) said I can collect the default judgement, but when I arrived to collect the default judgement papers, they asked me to collect the proof from the military departments, saying the offender is not in active service.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 01:17 PM

Again, that's not the way it works. In NJ, you cannot receive a default judgment unless you can prove the defendant is not a member of the military on active duty. That's where the hole in your story is.

You do not have any judgment awarded to you at this point, because you haven't done the things required.

Apr 14, 2009, 01:23 PM

OK

Jun 19, 2009, 12:53 PM

I have proved that the defendant is not the member of the military service and the court has ordered a default judgement against him, now I need to collect the money from him.

Jun 19, 2009, 01:04 PM
    Please let me know the procedure to collect the money from the defendant.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vampu View Post
    please let me know the procedure to collect the money from the defendant.
    Find out where he works and file for garnishment of wages.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HVAC - All Vents are not giving equal amount of heat [ 2 Answers ]

Why are some vents giving no heat, little heat, and a too much? Is there a way to control the amount per vent?

I bought a used car, but the dealer is not giving me the title. [ 4 Answers ]

I bought a second hand car a few months ago. The Dealer promised to give me the car's title in 5 or 6 weeks. And, the Dealer wrote down "clean title" in the contract as well. After a month Or so, the dealer said I must pay 146$ more to have the title for my Car. The fact was a rental company...

Car Dealer will not/cannot give me my title. [ 2 Answers ]

Traded for a car at a local car dealer. My trade was worth more than the car I bought. My trade was immediately sold to a different party. I purchased the car on 5/10/07 and have not yet received the title. I do have the bill of sale for my trade and the license application for my new car. I...

View more questions Search