Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hashyash Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2006, 01:24 PM
    Negative test and pregnancy symptoms
    I am so confused my periods are usually irregular I was supposed to of started my period around April 17 or so but, I had unprotected sex with my husband April 20th. I am not on birth control. Well on May 1st I had what I thought was my period and I think was my period but, it lasted 2 days. It is now July 3rd and I have not had a period since then. I am having tender breast and sore nipples. I am not always tired but, sometimes. Some days I feel like I go pee more then others. But, I am having Negative Pregnancy test. Am I pregannt or what?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 3, 2006, 03:39 PM
    Let's see here, May 1, slight period right? Now is July 3 and nothing since. Tender breasts and sore nipples, coupled with lack of energy.

Well, it sounds as though you may be pregnant. I understand you have had negative pregnancy tests, were these home pregnancy tests? If so, I think it would be in your best interests to go to the doc and have a blood test.

Good Luck getting the results you want and keep us posted. :)

Jul 3, 2006, 06:10 PM
    I had to go to the dr. June 8th for my annual she did a pregnancy test then and it was negative. Would she know? If I have calculated right I would have been almost 5 weeks or so...
    Expert

Jul 10, 2006, 11:38 AM
    Did she do a blood or urine pregnancy test? Blood is more accurate and for some it can take quite a while for a urine dip to show up.

Jul 13, 2006, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Did she do a blood or urine pregnancy test? Blood is more accurate and for some it can take quite a while for a urine dip to show up.
    She did a urine test. I still haven't started and I am still negative I am thinking if I havne't started by the end of this month then I am going to call her and tell her. I don't know what could be wrong.
    Expert

Jul 13, 2006, 11:50 AM
    A serum blood test is more definative than a urine test. The hCG hormones are more abundant in the blood than the urine at the beginning.

It is possible that you are having a period without the bleeding. This is not uncommon, and can also produce symptoms of pregnancy.

Jul 14, 2006, 07:05 PM
    Oh didn't know it was possible to have a period without bleeding.. but, does that just all of a sudden start happening? I will keep you posted if I find out anything. I am still way confussed
    Expert

Jul 15, 2006, 06:09 AM
    Sor some women it happens sometimes. I had the same problem when I was younger, went to the doc and he explained that, while it does not happen to every woman, it is possible.

However, I really do think it is time for you to have a blood test to see if you are pregnant. If you are you really should be taking prenatal vitamins to keep you and that baby healthy.
    kayleigh1989 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hashyash
    I am so confused my periods are usally irregular I was supposed to of started my period around april 17 or so but, I had unprotected sex with my husband April 20th. I am not on birth control. well on May 1st I had what I thought was my period and I think was my period but, it lasted 2 days. it is now July 3rd and I have not had a period since then. I am having tender breast and sore nipples. I am not always tired but, sometimes. Some days I feel like i go pee more then others. But, I am having Negative Pregnancy test. Am I pregannt or what?
    Well you have got the signs I think you should go to the doctors I'm having the same problems I've got the signs but I'm not pregnant an I'm late hope it goes well for u
    liltinke2 Posts: 9, Reputation: -3

Oct 8, 2010, 08:20 AM
    I think you are pregent because you have all tha things that a pregent peson have .
    XxOMGWTFxx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 06:24 AM
    So here's my problem... My last period was December 3rd and I've not had any sign of 1 since which makes me 2 weeks and 2 days late, I took a pregnancy test 2 days ago which said negative! So a waited until this morning and took another,. Negative! So am going to buy a clear blue or first response as the other ones a took were just cheap 1s if the test cums bk negative again am going to go to the doctors to see ways happening because am really worried about all this :-( a don't know what to think! I get slight cramps like am going to come on but nothing comes of it, my nipples are sore but not my full breasts , and I am peeing quire a lot more than usuall?! This has never happens be 4 I am usually regular and a always get my period av never missed before! *** help!!
    --nikkii-- Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2011, 03:02 PM
    Hmm... I'm having the same issue. My last period was June 7th and was supposed to get mine July 4th. June 28th I noticed some spotting but I've done 5 home pregnancy tests, and went to the clinic for a blood test and ALL were negative. I have a few symptoms: lower back ache, lower tummy pain, sore breasts and nipples. I used to be irregular but I've become regular since last year... up until now. I should be getting my period on the 31st.. should I wait until then to see if it shows up or should I go to my doctor and do another blood test? So confused..
    lhylton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2011, 10:42 AM
    I am 9 days late and have taken 6 ( lol) pregnancy test, one showed a very very faint positive but all the others were negative. Have slight cramps and low back pain. Could I be pregnant?
    babygirl34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 06:50 AM
    My daughter started her cycle on 3/2 and it ended on 3/6 she had unprotected sex on 3/12, 3/13, 3/14, she started having tender breast on 3/23 she also has been having to urinate more, has bloating, cramping, and some nausea, she started bleeding on 3/30 is it posssible she is pregnant?
    Alaurabail990 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2013, 08:18 PM
    I would definitely go get a blood test done to find out.
    I got 6 negative home pregnancy test results before I finally found out I was pregnant.
    I was 6 weeks along by then, lol.
    Home pregnancy tests work a lot of the time I think, but I wouldn't trust them 100%

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 4 days late I have always been regular for as long as I can remember A few weeks ago I learned I had a urinary tract infection and I went to the doctor to get it treated I haven't had any signs since could that be why I am late. I also had intercourse around the time this month I would or...

Symptoms of Pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

My periods are never constant. Last month I started on day 27. The month prior to that, I started on day 35. The month before, day 40. Prior, day 32, and 28. Now, I'm on day 39 and I still have not started. Although this morning, I thought I had, because when I went to the bathroom, there was a...

4 EPT Home test with NEGATIVE. What's wrong wit me? [ 6 Answers ]

Dear... Me having spotting for a week and it start early than my period schedule. What's wrong? Could I am pregnant or what? I had 4 negative on EPT home test and still spotting with some of little red/brown discharge and white stretchy like egg :( . HELP PLEASSEE

Missed Period/ Negative pregnant. Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm joelle and I'm 21 yrs old. I went off the mircette birth control pill in October and for two months I had periods that came about 6 weeks apart... before going off the pill and before I started the pill they were like clockwork every 28 days. But I did get those two periods of normal length...

Causing a negative pregnancy test? [ 2 Answers ]

I a supposed to leave for Basic Training next week... A few weeks ago I found out I was pregnant, had a d&c, so I a no longer pregnant. However, my hcg levels are still being detected by a pregnancy tests. Is there anything I can drink or do to get my hcg levels to drop back to normal more quick?...

View more questions Search