Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jordanjones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 05:55 PM
    Loss of water pressure suddenly in hair salon wash basins
    I own a large hair and beauty salon and I have lost water pressure suddenly. I have water but it is weak mainly in the wash basins though where the water pressure loss is mostly noted on basement level (same level as water heater). With the upstairs wash basin no water can get through up to the pipes so no water is coming out in that wash basin (ground level).

It is a large electric water heater about 10 years old, it looks OK, can't see any leaks any where. The shop was closed for 4 years not being used. I have had the shop for just on six months and with no problems till now.

Is this major? Please advise before I get my plumber out.

Many thanks Matthew
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 3, 2008, 07:02 PM

Matt, I feel your pain: One of my good customers is a hair salon owner. I know that if they have water / sewer problem - all business stops and nothing gets done... Anyway...

Did you loose HOT and COLD water pressure ? Do you have normal pressure anyplace in the salon ? Do you use hoses in the wash basins ? Do you have Air Gaps at each wash basin ? What brand and type of facuets do you use ? Post photo if possible...

It if very possible that your faucet got clogged up with debris from coming in from the street. Clean your aerators ( aerator is the removable tip mounted on each faucet spout ). If that doesn't help, do this: go under the sink, close cold water angle stop, unhook cold water supply line, put towel over the angle stop, open angle stop and see if you have lots of pressure. Come back to us with results of this test...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loss of water pressure w/new pressure tank [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have a question involving my plumbing. I was having terrible water pressure and I checked the pressure at the pump itself and it was great. Went to the pressure tank and it was trickling. Shut down power to pump and drained system - checked air pressure and it was not...

Loss of hot water pressure [ 4 Answers ]

The hot water pressure(cold is fine) throughout my house except for the washer and basement faucet has decreased to just a little more than a trickle and is taking forever become hot. I live in an old house and my husband is thinking that we will need to put in all new plumbing. What can we do to...

New hot water tank installed, loss of water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

After the installation of a new hot water tank, we have less pressure which is only noticeable when trying to fill the tub. Any ideas? Thank you.

Loss of water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Here's the deal: Have seen a slow but sure loss of hot water pressure in the five plus years we have been in the house. Water source is a well, so lime and minerals are likely to blame. Pipes are copper. Water is heated through the furnace, a Smith (Westcast) 8 Series boiler-burner unit. We...

Hot water pressure suddenly dropped [ 2 Answers ]

In kitchen sink, was using hot and cold water (separate knobs) and all of a sudden the hot water pressure dropped to a trickle. I tried taking the faucet apart and checking the washers, and they were all fine. Cleaned everything really well and put it all back together, and still have trickle for...

View more questions Search