Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JPotting27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Sink Will Not Drain
    I just replaced my vanity with a pedestal sink. I had no issue with the drain clearing before, but now it will not drain at all. I disassembled the entire assembly into the wall and found no blockages. Is there anything I can do to get this sink to drain?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2008, 05:57 PM

Yes you need to snake it see the image, good luck.

John
    Attached Images

massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 3, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Hi JPotting27:

Does the new sink have an overflow hole in it? If not that could contribute to a significant decrease in draining of water.

How long was it that you went between removing the vanity and finally replacing it with the pedestal? If it was 3-4 days or more then it is possible that what was once wetted and used daily was exposed and dried out only to be wetted again when you installed the new sink and when re-wetted crud on the interior walls of the pipe can fall/clog the drain line. You would need to rent a small electric snake to clear this kind of blockage.

You said you disassembled everything... so you are sure issue is not in the pop-up assembly right? Some of the newer pop-ups have odd seals around them causing issues with drainage.

Did you remove the stopper from the pop-up assembly when you tried to drain the sink? If not, try that, too. May be that the stopper needed to jump to the next hole?

Let me know what you think...

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting to 1 1/2" copper drain with pvc kitchen sink drain trap [ 8 Answers ]

I'm trying to rehook up the kitchen sink pvc trap to the old copper drain pipe but the connector doesn't fit tight enough and the water links out. Any ideas how to stop this leak?

Relocating Sink Drain/Vent to Dedicated Stack Serving Kitchen Sink & Dishwasher [ 3 Answers ]

I am relocating an upstairs vanity sink from one wall to another (also going from single to double bowl). Rather than relocate the drain and vent pipe, I am hoping that I can tie into a 1-1/2" copper vent pipe that is located right behind the vanities intended location. The copper vent pipe is from...

Hooking a Utility Sink in basement to Kithcen sink drain [ 2 Answers ]

I'd like to install a utility sink in the basement and have attached a drawing illustrating the current piping and proposed attachment. Basically, the kitchen sink drain goes directly into a drain in the basement floor via a 1-1/2" steel pipe, which is tied to the sewer system. I'd like to put a...

Outgoing Drain Behind Vanity Cabinet Not Aligned with Sink Drain Tube in New Sinktop [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a new vanity cabinet and new marble vanity top, both slightly larger than the originals. The problem we've encountered is that the drainage pipe that will exit sink water from the sink to the house -- the PVC pipe in the house/wall -- is not aligned with the new location of the sink...

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

View more questions Search