Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tra tra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Need divorce
    I need a divorce but have no money and don't know where he is.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2008, 02:32 PM

Search the phone book for a legal aid attorney.
    div2wice Posts: 103, Reputation: 1
    -

Dec 5, 2008, 08:56 PM
    It will be difficult to get a divorce without money. Uncontested divorces do not need a lawyers help, however you still have to pay the court filing fees which can range from $150 all the way up to $300 !
    As far as finding him, you would place a Notice of Publication in your local newspaper (you'd need to contact your local courthouse to see which they accept). This should run for 30 days, and you'd need proof of this notice as its considered serving your missing spouse. You would then file a missing spouse divorce, in which he would have up to 30 days (depending on your state) to reply. If he did not reply, it would be granted by default.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2008, 10:32 PM

Most areas have a legal aid society. They can help you with a lot of the legal work. They charge on a sliding scale ( at least locally) according to your income.

But you will have court costs, publication costs and other costs that will have to be paid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When is it OK to divorce? [ 6 Answers ]

I got my temporary green card 2 years ago through marriage. Almost a year ago I applied to remove the conditon. And I got my new permanent green card about a week ago. I need to get divorced from my husband asap. I was wondering when is it OK for me to do so that it won't jeopardize my status? A...

My ilr after divorce [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Dear Sir/Madam, I just want to know I married with british citizen men 1999 and I get ILR visa. After 3 years our marriage is not work out then I go back my country on 2002 I try to contact them from my country for divorce but they not give me any response then I come back on 2004 I wrote...

Do it myself divorce [ 2 Answers ]

I live in N.J and my husband lives in N.C.We have lived separately for four and a half years. How do I get a fast cheap divorce?

Divorce [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is getting a divorce in KY. Only married 2 months. Her & her husband built a house through self help housing before they were married. We gave her the land to build it on but it had to be put in his name & hers. This land has been in our family for many years. She wants the house for...

Want a divorce [ 4 Answers ]

Ive been with my wife for about seven years off and on. Well the last time we were apart she had a baby by another guy she dated years ago. We are a young couple seen we got back she says she don't want to have sex with me because she feels nothing ( not the size for sure) but I don't understand...

View more questions Search