Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fixit43 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Tub faucet
    Ok here go's. I have a problem with my tubs hot water faucet. It does not leak but the faucet just spins around when you try to turn it like it can't grasp on to anything. I would like to fix it myself, but what I know about plumbing you can put in a timble. Is this something I can do myself or should I just call a plumber. Hope someone can help.
    Thanks Angie
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2008, 12:23 PM

You Mean the handle just spin, can you tell me what brand and model is your faucet, is this a shower and tub faucet, single handle, two handle or three knobs, Thanks.

John
    fixit43 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 12:40 PM

Sorry John took a while to respond. Yes faucet just spins around, no I don't know brand or model. It is a three knob setup hot, shower, and cold. It is the hot that spins around
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2008, 12:55 PM

Hello fixit,

Check the images below and see if your faucet looks like one of these, if it is remove the cap and remove the screw and the knob check inside the knob for any stripped notches if you see any replace the knob, good luck.

John
    Attached Images

Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Moen 3 valve tub and shower valve 83267.pdf (406.3 KB, 574 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to replace 'O' rings and Gaskets in Delta Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

My Delta faucet which is probably 30 years old constantly drips. I have replaced the shower head so know it is the faucet. It is a single handle push up for on and twist to the right or left for temperature control. How do I replace the o rings and gaskets? Thank you

Kitchen Faucet Sprayer On - Main Faucet not totally off [ 2 Answers ]

We moved into a new house - new construction. When we use the sprayer in the kitchen faucet, water comes out the sprayer as it is supposed to, but the water does not completely shut off in the main faucet. There is still a thin column of water coming out. We had the faucet replaced, and this...

Water suppressor needed on lavatory faucet and shower faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

Are water suppressors needed in the bathroom sink faucet and the shower stub out also? And can you just use a length of pipe on a T, or must you use those copper chambers? (cpvc system) thanks

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search