Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isabeesmom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Need Hot Water in my Shower UGH!
    Ok, I should have taken care of this 3 years ago, but the older I get the more I can't stand it.

We have a 2 story house its 7 years old and this is our 3rd Winter.

We get hot water everywhere except in the 2 showers upstairs. The sinks get it up stairs just not the showers. I used to be able to suck it up jump in and jump out, but this year as its starting to get cooler- I am freaking out.

Both our showers have one handle turn to the right for cold and further for HOT- I have that sucker turned as far as I can and no Hot water to come.

I can't imagine what is going on because like I said our sinks up stairs , downstairs, dishwasher , washer etc. all get HOT water.

Please HELP, any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED IN ADVANCE!!

A warm bath sounds so good, but haven't had one in over 3 years

Dec 3, 2008, 10:17 AM

It is a delta 1400 series, we tried to do the rotational limit stop but it did not change anything UGH! I seen this from a previous post. Any other suggestions.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2008, 10:42 AM

It sounds like you have some debris in your faucet, do this shut the water to shower valve remove the Cartridge, turn on the water for a few seconds to flush the faucet, install the cartridge and see if you have water now.
    If that will not fix your problem then you need to change the cartridge, your Cartridge # is RP19804 see the Image below, and also all Delta products has life time warranty call their customers service at 1-800-345-3358 they will send the cartridges for free, Good Luck.

John
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Delta shower single handle Models 1300_1400.pdf (277.1 KB, 171 views)

Dec 3, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Thanks John for you help.

My husband informed me that he was looking at the wrong thing earlier and once he took the metal plate off he seen the correct dsk and he rotated it more to hot and guess what OMG!! After three years WE HAVE HOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT water.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The water in my shower will not switch from the shower head to the tub spout? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently purchased a small home, that I am getting ready to rent out the problem is I get water from the shower head just fine, but I get not water from the tub spout, any ideas?

No Cold Water Pressure - Hot Water works Great.Shower [ 10 Answers ]

I live in a fairly old house. In my downstairs shower I get great hot water pressure, but no cold water pressure. I have two handles, one for cold and hot. Any suggestions on how I might fix the problem? House gets water from the city. Not sure on the make/brand of the faucets but they are...

My shower drain is raised above the shower pan by 3/16" causing standing water [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fiberglass shower stall where the bottom has either slumped or the stall was installed wrong to begin with (it has no support beneath the surface that I stand on). The drain sticks above the level line so I have about 3/16" of standing water. I cannot easily access the bottom from the...

Lose Hot Water in bottom Shower When Top Shower is being used ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, this problem has been occurring for some time now, I finally found this website to finally ask the question and hopefully have an answer :).. Now I do not want to call the plumber in at this point, in case if it's a easy fix and would rather save the money, so please if you can help...

Hot water in the shower until shower head installed [ 6 Answers ]

I have hot water in all my other faucets/showers. I also have hot water at the particular shower with the problem as long as a shower head is not installed. When I install the shower head, the water is lukewarm. Any ideas for the source of the problem, and how to fix?

View more questions Search