Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sanger01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Lost hot water pressure.
    I keep losing the water pressure in my shower when I turn it to hot , why is this?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 3, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Could be the cartridge is going bad or that a washer has loosened or that the hot water inlet is blocked with sediment, etc...

Best solution is to shut the water down and remove the guts to the shower valve... check the condition of the washers and/or the cartridge and then pulse the water real quick to dislodge any sediment in the line. Then re-install all.

If this does not fix it then plan on replacing the entire cartridge assembly.. this usually guarantees a permanent fix!

If need mor e help with this just let us know. Have a model number or name on the valve available and we'll see what we can come up with.

Otherwise, the above info. Should get you up and running!

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I just replaced mu fitchen faucet and now I have very low cold water pressure in my master bath and laundry room.pressure is so low in tolliet that it won't fill. Help! I am lost

Lost hot water pressure in shower only. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently lost pressure in just one shower in a 3 bath house. Every other bathroom has hot water pressure but the one. Tried draining the hot water heater and nothing ran out but clear water. I may try to take the shower head off and see if that helps but wanted to see if there were any other...

Lost hot water pressure in the shower only [ 3 Answers ]

We recently went on a vacation and I turned off the main water valve as a precaution while we were away. When we returned home, we noticed that the hot water in the shower has very little pressure. The cold water in the shower has sufficient pressure and the rest of the faucets throughout the...

Lost Hot Water Pressure but Cold Water is fine [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We had a flood in our laundry room earlier today when the aquarium I was siphoning into the nearby sink started to siphon onto the floor instead (the hose came out of the sink and was draining water onto the floor). I didn't realize this, and suspected a leaky pipe when I saw the water...

Help ! Lost More Hot Water Pressure/flow ? [ 3 Answers ]

I did as it was explained to flush/drain my hot water heater in the attic and guess what it plugged off MORE, so now I have not much more than a thick pencil stream at my bathroom faucets (ALL) I really didn't see a whole lot sediment in the drain water but I throttled the outlet and inlet water...

View more questions Search