Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    radio309 Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2006, 12:29 AM
    Record Streaming Audio
    How do I record Streaming Audio:confused: on my PC? I have Windows XP Home Edition.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 3, 2006, 02:05 AM
    One of the main reasons for streamed media is copy protection.
    Now if this media is copywrited then we will not help you as that is illegal.

Please supply more information regarding this audio steam and we'll see if anything is possible.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Jul 3, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Now if this media is copywrited then we will not help you as that is illegal.
    Just for clarification, and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it only illegal to distribute copyrighted materials?

Recording streamed music, without the intent to distribute, wouldn't seem to be any different than recording songs off the radio for later playback, or recording TV shows on a VCR or digital recorder for later viewing.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 3, 2006, 03:26 PM
    http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/

I see your point North. Copyright laws are complicated though (aren't they all - grrrr). Although its highly unlikely that they will go after someone who is not making substantiual commercial use of it, it is still infringement if you use it without permission in many circumstances. The laws are basically meant to protect the holder from two things, loss of identify and revenue. For this reason, things on the internet are often rendered difficult or impossible to duplicate. If in doubt, it is always best to ask permission before any free use of copyrighted materials.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jul 4, 2006, 10:58 AM
    I often record segments from on-line radio using a little tool called Scanner Recorder. It's handy for catching clips or time-shifting shows that are streamed. I use it the same way I would record radio to cassette tape many years ago, now it's a WAV file on my computer.

http://www.davee.com/scanrec/

With respect to the above though - you can use this tool to violate copyright. So be careful... ;)
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jul 4, 2006, 11:14 AM
    Going slightly off-course with this thread,I was interested to note that the BBC is to offer 'personalised' radio:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5145236.stm

As the BBC also offer podcasts for free,soon UK residents will be able to "chose" what music they want to hear,plus other content.A good idea I think,as the licence fee is expensive enough. :D

Interestingly enough,the beeb plan to use peer-to-peer technology,to implement all this.Hmnn.
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Jul 10, 2006, 10:32 AM
    Nice little radio app...

P2E

Quote Originally Posted by phillysteakandcheese
    I often record segments from on-line radio using a little tool called Scanner Recorder. It's handy for catching clips or time-shifting shows that are streamed. I use it the same way I would record radio to cassette tape many years ago, now it's a WAV file on my computer.

http://www.davee.com/scanrec/

With respect to the above though - you can use this tool to violate copyright. So be careful ... ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Media Streaming on Mac G3 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to stream video media on this Mac G3 that is running Mac OS 9.2. The computer has video inputs, etc. built into it, so I am trying to take advantage of those features. However, I need to figure out how to broadcast either Real Media Video or Windows Media Video to a...

Streaming media [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to see if there is a free server out there to stream video. Does anyone know of one that is rather easy to use. I have found one for audio but the company does not make one for video I am just wanting this for my own personal use. I would love any help and thanks ahead of time.

Streaming video [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Lately, whenever I try to access a video on the internet (like through MSN newcasts) the video and audio come through OK but the video is all washed out and faded almost colorless. This just started happening recently. I'm using a broadband connection for...

Webcam streaming [ 2 Answers ]

I would be grateful if anyone could advise why I cannot get pictures from streaming webcams from a British ISP, Tesco.net. Whenever I try to use their connection the web page loads Java and then the pictures go blank and then everything just hangs. I have to close everything down and restart. If...

Live Web Streaming [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I would like to setup a LIVE CAM on my intranet.. How would you go about doing this? Thanks! ?

View more questions Search