Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trevorsdad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 10:42 PM
    Can I get my money back for daycare payments that my son no longer needs or uses?
    Hello,

My son is now 11years of age. I have been paying child support and daycare. My son has not been in daycare for many years.

My question is, can I receive back payment from my sons mother for the time since he has not been in daycare?

I have not gone back to court to get it my amount reduced or stopped because I wanted to keep the piece.

I live in the state of Va.

If yes, that I can get back payment for this, what is the process to do so and do I need a lawyer to get it adjusted?
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Dec 3, 2008, 06:53 AM

Personally I would get an attorney for the support issue, more so if your ex has one, but it's not needed. I have seen many people in JDR courts here without an attorney and they do fine. And JDR is where you would file for support reduction.

That being said... daycare is rolled into the total support in VA(unless your divorce order states otherwise) so I can't see you getting that money back but support can get reduced if the income hasn't changed and the childcare amount is gone. The only way I can see a Judge might think about it would be if you just found out the child hasn't been going to daycare and you took your ex back to court in a timely manner. You could claim fraud.

Just a question… How do you know that your ex is not paying daycare expenses? My kids don't go to the childcare center everyday but I still have to pay for the whole week. Make sure that she isn't paying for childcare. I will tell you that if you go to court and you say that your ex isn't paying childcare and she pulls out receipts and canceled checks to show she is then you will be in a lot of trouble with the judge and might have to pay her attorney fees and such. So make sure that you are correct before filing paperwork.

Note -- in VA you can have work related childcare until the child turns 13.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Music lyrics for I can't hold back the tears any longer, its starting to build up insi [ 5 Answers ]

Ive have been trying to figure out the name and the artist of this song and I only know one line can you help me its from the 80s? I can't hold back the tears any longer, its starting to build up inside, can't hold back the tears any longer etc...

Can I take my car back if he's been making payments? [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Canada. I was dating a guy and leased a car for him to drive. The car is in my name, insured in my name, payments are in my name. He has been making payments and as of right now, until I actually see the receipt for the week he said he paid the dealership is in default by one week. He...

Lien placed on bank account for back child support payments [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about removing a lien placed on a bank account for back child support?

Electric dryer taking longer and longer to dry clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I have an electric dryer that is taking longer and longer times to dry the clothes about 2-1/2 hours to do a standard load. The time seems to be increasing - Is this dangerous? It is probably running my electric bill up? The dryer came with the house I bought a year ago. I would guess the appliance...

Just trying to get my money back [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, Last year I opened a LOC to purchase a dog at a puppy store in Arizona. I got the dog than paid the account off. My neighbor at the time also wanted a dog, but wouldn't beable to quifly, so I offered to let him use my line as long as he paid me back. From the first month I've had nothing but...

View more questions Search