Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bergs4 Posts: 107, Reputation: 3

Dec 2, 2008, 10:28 PM
    How to fix leak from a PVC / chrome connection
    Hello,

I am having a problem with a p-trap I recently installed. There is a leak where the pvc pipe meets a chrome pipe coming from the wall. I used a plastic washer (I'm not sure exactly what it's called), so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help would be great.

Thanks.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 11:37 PM

To assemble properly, flat side of tapered washers goes toward slip nut, taper towards pipe, shouldn't need Teflon tape, but you can use it TFE pipe dope is good for all applications, good luck.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower connection leak [ 9 Answers ]

My tub/shower unit was leaking onto my downstairs bathroom ceiling. The tub/shower unit is back to back with a stall shower. When we built our house we did leave a 12 inch access that we built a removeable cabinet for. Apparently the shower head unit is leaking where the copper pipe connects to...

Chrome to plastic [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am using a nice looking, high quality chromed brass sink trap with a chromed copper 1-1/4 waste pipe. This has to be joined to standeard ABS 1-1/4 plastic waste pipe under the floor. I'd like to know a suitable adhesive to join the chromed pipe to the ABS, using a normal ABS-cementable...

Leak between sink & pvc connection [ 2 Answers ]

I recently installed a new sink in my bathroom. I bought new waste pvc pipes and installed them from the sink to the wall. I thought it was all working fine but I noticed that at the top of where the pvc pipe connects to the metal sink pipe I have seepage. Basically the water is not pouring out,...

View more questions Search