Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roxannterp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 06:14 PM
    I am changing my shower head and faucet, must I use the same brand
    I bought a Price Pfister set to replace Delta and my son said that I must use Delta again or tear out the wall. Is this true or can I use the new set and just replace the old. Thanks roxann
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 06:25 PM

You can use any brand you like. But you will have to have enough room to make new connections. This may require cutting some wall out.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 07:43 PM

What is wrong with the Delat faucet?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 07:47 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Can you take a pic of the 2 handles?

Maybe he is right,hard to tell without comparison though.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 07:48 PM

If the hole in the wall where the facuet comes out is big enough you can work through it and replace several different kinds of faucets. It is close and if you have to use flame in the wall you should get a fire retardent blanket and keep it wet before you try melting any solder joints. Most plumbing supply houses have the fire retardent I am talking about.

I hope we are talking about a single handle faucet, if not my info is not right. A two or three handle faucet will have to have the wall cut out or done from the back side.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 3, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by roxannterp View Post
    I bought a Price Pfister set to replace Delta and my son said that I must use Delta again or tear out the wall. Is this true or can I use the new set and just replace the old. Thanks roxann
    Your son was mistaken. You mat replace with any brand you wish. If the opening's too large or has three holes then a chrome remodel plate ,(see image) is necessary. Good luck, Tom
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 3, 2008, 04:40 PM

Good advice here, please let us know what your thinking.

Also, (unless you are looking for a completely different look) you could repair delta(recommend delta over price pfister(moen over all) and bye a new trim kit(face plate, handle, etc). This way you would not have to do any work on the valve body connections at all. (This is assuming you have a single handle delta faucet)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low water pressure at shower head and tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I had good water pressure but it has become less and less,so I removed the valves in the cold and hot handles figuring there was debris to be flushed out. When I turned water on with valves out the stream hit the back of the tub (about 5 feet). I flushed them out for a few minutes (rusty water,...

Changing shower faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1989 mobilehome with original hardware, both shower faucets are broken, no man around so I do repairs if I can myself, am buying new onepiece and need to know do I need to turn off water to house before I attempt to do this? Also any tips would be appreiciated. Thanks

Changing shower faucet [ 4 Answers ]

I need to replace a shower faucet. I have replaced sink faucets before. How do I go about it and is it very difficult. The area I need to know is behind the shower.

Changing Shower Head [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, after you are all done laughing at a helpless woman, maybe you can answer this. :confused: Which way do you turn the wrench to remove an old shower head? Left or right?

Tub Faucet runs at same time as Shower head [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a similar problem as this thread "Faucet and shower run simultaneously" https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbing/faucet-shower-run-simultaneously-33198.html Except that I have a shower with 3 knobs. You turn the middle knob to turn the shower head on. This shower is at least ten...

View more questions Search