Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DMAYS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 05:52 PM
    Can you carry Cobra after coverage begins with new employer?
    I am carrying Cobra from a previous employer. In Jan. I will become covered by my new employer's insurance.
    I know I will need surgery in the spring and wanted to know if I can continue to carry Cobra and have my surgery fully covered?

The other part of this question is 65% of my Cobra is being paid by the state under TAA benefits. Will they continue to pay if I elect to keep it?

Thank-you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2008, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DMAYS View Post
    I am carrying Cobra from a previous employer. In Jan. I will become covered by my new employer's insurance.
    I know I will need surgery in the spring and wanted to know if I can continue to carry Cobra and have my surgery fully covered?

The other part of this question is 65% of my Cobra is being paid by the state under TAA benefits. Will they continue to pay if I elect to keep it?

Thank-you

I believe you can't carry two health insurance policies and then pick which one pays the most/best. Didn't your new employer's insurance inquire about your current plan?

I think you pick one.

I would get the information about pay for it directly from the State - I wouldn't take a chance on being misinformed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

And so the fun begins [ 30 Answers ]

Well its winter(not officially of course, but there is snow on the ground and that counts for something) and since my dog is a husky well you just know he'll want to be outside a lot not to mention how we are going to start skijoring soon. My question is I bought booties for him to protect the pads...

COBRA Coverage [ 3 Answers ]

My employment ended with my company on 7/25/08, and my insurance ends on 7/31/08. I do not start my new job until 8/4/08. So I have a 4 day gap in coverage. Do I need to sign up for COBRA in advance? Or can I sign up retroactively, if something happens during this 4 day period?

Adult dog begins to pee on carpet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old terrier mix dog. She was once well trained to pee outside. During the last year she has started peeing on the carpet again. She has access to a dog door throughout the day and night and I take her out regularly, however she chooses to go pee on the carpet. I rarely catch her in...

Cobra Insurance Coverage [ 2 Answers ]

I will be leaving my current employer in one week. I will be starting with my new company immediately. I will lose my health care benefits the day I quit my current employer, and will not pick up my new coverage for 1 month. My question is what are the rules on COBRA retroactive? For...

Credit card s.o.l. Begins when ? [ 1 Answers ]

Does the credit card statute of limitations begin running from the last payment made or from the right off date.opinions seem to differ and I can't find any law or statue to clarify this. Help, steve55

View more questions Search