Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulmichael24 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Fathers Rights
    I split up with my ex partner around 2 and a half years ago now and my son is now 3 years old who I lived with for the first 6 months .
    Since the split I have had allot of problems with access to my son , First off , I am not abusive nore am I an unfit parent but ever since the brake up my ex has stopped me from seeing my son and as the mother seems to get all the rights, She has forced me to see my son in a contact centre for 1 hour ever 2 weeks and from which my son hardly know's me . Also I have been arrested by the Police for attending her home address to ask to see my son and am not allowed anywhere near her home address.. .
    Now she has stopped me seeing him altogether( She can do this as and when she feels like it ) . I have not seen my son for 6 months now and am not allowed to contact her by phone or in person .
    Today I have been to court and have represented myself in this case Vs her and her solicitor , The hearing was also very unfair and I was given only 1 hour contact to my son in a Mcdonalds with her present as well , and from which I will not be able to even have proper 1 - 2 - 1 with my son as she will be present again and by his side . I was also accused in court with no proof that I have hurt my son and now I am having to wait 16 weeks for an investigation to be made already knowing the outcome as I am not a violent person I was falsely accused of this in court but yet again the mothers word vs the fathers always seems to favour .

What do I do now? Any lawyers out there ?
    It seems no matter what I try or what happens the mother always seems to get the better of the father , I think this is wrong and my son has missed out so much time with his father already for no real reason . I have been waiting over 2 years now and today was given 1 hour in a mcdonalds ? Any help please...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2008, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paulmichael24 View Post
    I split up with my ex partner around 2 and a half years ago now and my son is now 3 years old who i lived with for the first 6 months .
    Since the split i have had allot of problems with access to my son , First off , i am not abusive nore am i an unfit parent but ever since the brake up my ex has stoped me from seeing my son and as the mother seems to get all the rights, She has forced me to see my son in a contact centre for 1 hour ever 2 weeks and from which my son hardly know's me . Also i have been arrested by the Police for attending her home address to ask to see my son and am not allowed anywhere near her home address . ..
    Now she has stoped me seeing him altogether( She can do this as and when she feels like it ) . I have not seen my son for 6 months now and am not allowed to contact her by phone or in person .
    Today i have been to court and have represented myself in this case Vs her and her solicitor , The hearing was also very unfair and i was given only 1 hour contact to my son in a Mcdonalds with her present aswell , and from which i will not be able to even have proper 1 - 2 - 1 with my son as she will be present again and by his side . I was also accused in court with no proof that i have hurt my son and now i am having to wait 16 weeks for an investigation to be made already knowing the outcome as i am not a violent person i was falsely accused of this in court but yet again the mothers word vs the fathers always seems to favour .

What do i do now ?? Any lawyers out there ?
    It seems no matter what i try or what happens the mother always seems to get the better of the father , i think this is wrong and my son has missed out so much time with his father already for no real reason . I have been waiting over 2 years now and today was given 1 hour in a mcdonalds ? Any help please...

This is a better question for the family law board but it appears that the Court feels for some reason that the child either doesn't know you well and will be upset and/or uncomfortable if you are alone with him or the Court feels you are a danger to the child in some way. I have no idea why, if you only went to her house once with no prior history, you were arrested and she was issued a protective order but that protective order is probably part of this decision.

If you are uncomfortable with her, you should have asked the Court for some other person to supervise the visitation - I would guess that the restraining order is to keep you away from her house or else you couldn't sit across from her in McDonalds without violating.

Do you pay support for the child (this is a side issue)?

Everyone who goes to Court and gets a verdict he/she doesn't like find the system terribly unfair so you are not alone. You also - and I'm sure you know this - should have had an Attorney with you.

She's been denying you access for two years and you just went to Court now? Well, I guess you're going to have to wait another four months to see what the Court recommends, no way around that.

Dec 2, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Fathers Rights
    I split up with my ex partner around 2 and a half years ago now and my son is now 3 years old who I lived with for the first 6 months .
    Since the split I have had allot of problems with access to my son , First off , I am not abusive nore am I an unfit parent but ever since the brake up my ex has stopped me from seeing my son and as the mother seems to get all the rights, She has forced me to see my son in a contact centre for 1 hour ever 2 weeks and from which my son hardly know's me . Also I have been arrested by the Police for attending her home address to ask to see my son and am not allowed anywhere near her home address.. .
    Now she has stopped me seeing him altogether( She can do this as and when she feels like it ) . I have not seen my son for 6 months now and am not allowed to contact her by phone or in person .
    Today I have been to court and have represented myself in this case Vs her and her solicitor , The hearing was also very unfair and I was given only 1 hour contact to my son in a Mcdonalds with her present as well , and from which I will not be able to even have proper 1 - 2 - 1 with my son as she will be present again and by his side . I was also accused in court with no proof that I have hurt my son and now I am having to wait 16 weeks for an investigation to be made already knowing the outcome as I am not a violent person I was falsely accused of this in court but yet again the mothers word vs the fathers always seems to favour .

. ( I pay regular payments of child support to my son Via CSA . And have been supporting my ex with whatever my son needs in the past . )

What do I do now? Any lawyers out there ?

It seems no matter what I try or what happens the mother always seems to get the better of the father , I think this is wrong and my son has missed out so much time with his father already for no real reason . I have been waiting over 2 years now and today was given 1 hour in a mcdonalds ? Any help please..

( Oh and the reason this has just gone to court today is because she has been accepting contact in the past as soon as it got near to any sort of court dates and then stoping them as soon as court pass's . ) She has played a lot of games in the past .
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2008, 02:54 PM
    I split up with my ex partner around 2 and a half years ago now and my son is now 3 years old who i lived with for the first 6 months .
    Since the split i have had allot of problems with access to my son , First off , i am not abusive nore am i an unfit parent but ever since the brake up my ex has stoped me from seeing my son and as the mother seems to get all the rights, She has forced me to see my son in a contact centre for 1 hour ever 2 weeks and from which my son hardly know's me . Also i have been arrested by the Police for attending her home address to ask to see my son and am not allowed anywhere near her home address . ..
    Now she has stoped me seeing him altogether( She can do this as and when she feels like it ) . I have not seen my son for 6 months now and am not allowed to contact her by phone or in person .
    Today i have been to court and have represented myself in this case Vs her and her solicitor , The hearing was also very unfair and i was given only 1 hour contact to my son in a Mcdonalds with her present aswell , and from which i will not be able to even have proper 1 - 2 - 1 with my son as she will be present again and by his side . I was also accused in court with no proof that i have hurt my son and now i am having to wait 16 weeks for an investigation to be made already knowing the outcome as i am not a violent person i was falsely accused of this in court but yet again the mothers word vs the fathers always seems to favour .

. ( I pay regular payments of child support to my son Via CSA . And have been supporting my ex with whatever my son needs in the past . )

What do i do now ?? Any lawyers out there ?

It seems no matter what i try or what happens the mother always seems to get the better of the father , i think this is wrong and my son has missed out so much time with his father already for no real reason . I have been waiting over 2 years now and today was given 1 hour in a mcdonalds ? Any help please..

( Oh and the reason this has just gone to court today is because she has been accepting contact in the past as soon as it got near to any sort of court dates and then stoping them as soon as court pass's . ) She has played alot of games in the past .

Here's my problem - I answered your other thread at some length. Apparently you didn't like that answer so you've reposted here, editing your post to change some important details.

Read the other thread.

Dec 2, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Here's my problem - I answered your other thread at some length. Apparently you didn't like that answer so you've reposted here, editing your post to change some important details.

Read the other thread.
    The reason for my re-post here is you said it would be better to post here

Dec 2, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post

Read the other thread.
    I am Online for Advice Only
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2008, 03:43 PM
    The reason for my re-post here is you said it would be better to post here

They should be combined - I should have been more specific. Moderators come along and move threads from here to there.

Let's try it again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fathers rights [ 4 Answers ]

OK here is my question. My son is 23 and he found out he might be a Father. The mother does not want the child and she wants to give it away. My son wants to raise the child. I want to know are what are his rights. Right now? How can he make sure the mother will look after herself and the unborn...

Fathers rights [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has an child outside of our home that we are suppose to get every other weekends, my husband pays his child support it comes out of his check weekly but the mother of the child will not obey the court order that the court has set for us to visit the other child, and now my husband is...

Fathers Rights [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, Im a single mother. My situation is as follows. My son is 4 years old now. His father walked out on us when he was about 6 months old. Has not seen him since. His father fell upon some trouble {drug addiction, homeless etc}. He has made about 2 or 3 payments of $100 the first few months, then...

Fathers rights [ 2 Answers ]

I Am A Single Parent With A Child Outside My Previous Relationship Which Broke Down , But I Have Two Children For The Previous Relationship I Have Ask My Previous Partner If I Am Able To See The Kids On Monday And Tuesday Which I Do Have Done For Almost Three Months And Now She Is Refusing Me...

Fathers rights to take his son? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I was wondering what rights my boyfriend has to just take his son away from the mother? She is very unfit and spends her time parting instead of spending quality time with her son. She is a very violent girl and threatens me constantly. The child is almost 3 and speaks less than our 1 and...

View more questions Search