Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmc_imr4308 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Dec 2, 2008, 12:07 PM
    Tracing a number
    If a number calls you but does not use *67 to make it a private number, but still won't give you there name and you really want it. How do you trace the number back to the source and find out whose phone it is.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 01:07 PM

If you are talking about your cell phone, you can try calling your carrier and say you have been getting harassing calls and you would like to know what number it is. Even if they are not harassing, just say that anyway.
    bmc_imr4308 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Dec 4, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Ok, but if I know the number already I just need a name to go with it how do I do that?
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2008, 10:14 PM

You can ask them who the phone is listed under if it is the same carrier. I highly doubt they would let you know. They may say it is confidential. Just give your carrier a call and try.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Dec 11, 2008, 04:40 PM

You also might try the "reverse lookup" at, for instance, Anywho.com .
    CHUCKMARKS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 09:11 PM
    Hey
    BrutallyHelpful Posts: 5, Reputation: -2

Jul 28, 2009, 12:43 AM

If you "just want to" you are just going to be disappointed.

If you have legal cause you can subpoena the information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IP Address tracing [ 2 Answers ]

Can I find the exact location of an email sent by tracing an IP address

Tracing someone [ 3 Answers ]

Some one is calling me and harassing my girls , how can I track down that provert using my computer? (I only have their tel. number)

Tracing a vote. [ 1 Answers ]

I'd like to vote for a pet that's in a "cutest pet contest". They say "only one vote per computer". How can they tell which computer the vote is coming from and how many times you're voting?? Thanks to all in advance!

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number. [ 1 Answers ]

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number.. ... will my SIN always be "connected" with my business? In other words, as far as Canada REvenue is concerned are they 2 different entities? I want to apply for Bus # for a sole propriatorship

Tracing a hacker [ 9 Answers ]

Over the last week, my firewall has blocked 5 intrusion attempts into my machine. I think it is someone in the building trying to hack in to my system. The firewall was able to produce an ID tag on the hacker, but how do I trace them? Is it even possible?:confused:

View more questions Search