Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 11:34 AM
    A silver lining for congress
    $621 million well spent on the Capitol Visitors Center? Harry Reid thinks so...

“My staff tells me not to say this, but I’m going to say it anyway,” said Reid in his remarks. “In the summer because of the heat and high humidity, you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol. It may be descriptive but it’s true.”
    Not only do our elected officials no longer have to smell the tourists, the center has many bathrooms and "souvenirs are available."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Citizens against Government waste calls it among the most wasteful examples of botched construction projects ever promulgated by the federal government."

In that it is a proper tribute to Congress.

Mathew Spalding of the Heritage Foundation gives a great review of this new improvement :
    Liberalized center is 'Capitol' crime | tallahassee.com | Tallahassee Democrat
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2008, 10:13 AM

I took a virtual tour of this monstrosity. For $621 million dollars I can attest to the fact it was pure wasted dollars. Plain and simple, it was a project to make a friend of whoever in Congress decided what contractor to make rich this month.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2008, 10:34 AM

And get rid of that "tourist" smell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant or have a torn uterine lining [ 1 Answers ]

Well I just had my period almost two weeks ago... Then had another light period of some sort... Followed by headaches and light cramping... I might be pregnaut... or have an torn uterine lining Can some one elebrate on this with me... Hopefully I'm not pregnant though:(

Drain not lining up with new tub [ 2 Answers ]

House is 30yrs old black PVC "pipe" new drain hole for new tub is almost 2"to the "left"of actual drain in "hole".. I know just cut the pipe and move it .... but it looks like the connection we have to go back to ..to cut is embedded in the cement slab.. so any one have any "great" ideas... of...

Silver lining - I love to make you smile [ 3 Answers ]

Life can sometimes be cruel and get you down. People can sometimes be cruel and make you frown. At times like these you can't let the pain linger. It takes forty-two muscles to frown. It takes three to extend your middle finger. ***** We are friends You laugh and I laugh

Bathtub glazing vs re-lining [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the difference of cost between bathtub glazing vs re-lining the bathtub (as in Bathfitters.com)? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each method? Should either of these be done before or after I put in a new floor and paint? Thank you! Lindsay:rolleyes:

Bathtub glazing vs re-lining [ 0 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the difference of cost between bathtub glazing vs re-lining the bathtub (as in Bathfitters.com)? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each method? Should either of these be done before or after I put in a new floor and paint? Thank you! Lindsay:rolleyes:

View more questions Search