Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BlueMudd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 09:03 AM
    Water will not turn off in the shower.
    The cold water in my shower is turned off all the way (i even stripped the stem. There is so much water coming out of the shower. It is not a dripping kind of leak, this is 3 or 4 streams of water. How or can i fix this myself? :confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 2, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMudd View Post
    The cold water in my shower is turned off all the way (i even stripped the stem. There is so much water coming out of the shower. It is not a dripping kind of leak, this is 3 or 4 streams of water. How or can i fix this myself? :confused:
    Shut the water off and remove the stem and washer assembly. Take ity in to a plumbing and ask them to replace it with the same thing. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold Water in Shower won't completely turn off! Help! [ 3 Answers ]

We are brand new home owners so we don’t have a lot of know how so forgive us for asking stupid questions. We bought this house about 3 years ago it was build around the mid-70s and is a Fox and Jacob home. The master bathroom only has a shower with 2 handles, sink and a toilet in it and none of...

No Water when I turn on bathtub/shower faucet [ 7 Answers ]

I have not used the tub/shower faucet in some time. Today when I went to turn on the faucet, no water comes out. Help

Water won't turn off in shower [ 3 Answers ]

Why won't my water turn off in my shower? I turn both the hot water and cold water knobs to off and yet a lot of water keeps coming out. I just moved in so I don't know the brand but it is very old. I turned the main water to the house off but what should I do?

How do you stop the water from running from the spout when I turn on the shower? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 3 stem shower (hot diverter and cold) please help.

Can't turn off hot water in shower [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get the valve out to replace the washer in a 30 year old house? I thought I could open it all the way and screw it out but it doesn't want to come out. Am I doing it wrong or is there a trick? Don't want to bust the old copper pipe in the wall if I can help it. Thanks!

View more questions Search