Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scarter1021 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 06:21 AM
    Fathers rights
    We live in Georgia and I need to no if my son needs a lawyer to get his visitation rights? He was told all he had to do was go to the court house and file a petition for visitation. Is that true or does he need to hire a lawyer to get his visitation. His name is on the birth certificate. But no dna was done. Ever time she gets mad at him she tells him the baby isn't his. But he is most deffently his baby boy. Thanks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2008, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by scarter1021 View Post
    We live in georgia and I need to no if my son needs a lawyer to get his visitation rights? He was told all he had to do was go to the court house and file a petition for visitation. Is that true or does he need to hire a lawyer to get his visitation. His name is on the birth certificate. But no dna was done. Ever time she gets mad at him she tells him the baby isn't his. But he is most deffently his baby boy. Thanks

He goes to Court and files for visitation; she will "probably" reply with a petition for support (I assume your son is supporting the child); the Court may or may not order DNA. Your son is foolish if he doesn't want DNA - it will end the bickering over whether he's the father and no one knows definitely if it is his child or not without the DNA test.

The Courts are pretty user friendly so he probably can handle it himself. If it gets complicated, he can always bring an Attorney in at that time.

People post here about paternity and are surprised on a frequent basis.
    mflores Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 12:13 PM
    He can get an attorney if he wants to bt does not HAVE to! As long as his name is on the BC then he does not need a DNA test unless he wants one. He would need to go to court and ask for a visitation right. It will go through court and he will get a hearing. Whatever the judges decision is she will HAVE to go by the order mad or not! Good luck! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fathers rights [ 5 Answers ]

I have twin girls who are four and a half, which I found out I was the father two years ago. After I found out from the paternity test that I was the father, their mother took the children out of the country for god knows how long before I could get anything done in the courts. She is now back in...

Fathers rights [ 3 Answers ]

IM a single mother wanting to file for custody and was wanting to know What rights does a father(sperm donor) in the state of Florida have if we where never married.

Fathers rights [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé is divorced and recently found out that two of the children he is paying child support on are not his kids. How would he go about signing away his rights on those two children?

Fathers rights [ 1 Answers ]

I have a baby girl named emma, the mother doesn't want her to have my last name. What rights do I have to get that changed? I pay child support...

Fathers rights PLEASE HELP! [ 4 Answers ]

I have a friend that is living with his girlfriend he is supporting her, her son from a previous relationship and now their son they have together. He is on the birth certificate and is an active father. He is wanting to take his son to a funeral out of town for a family member, girlfriend is not...

View more questions Search