Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juliusfrank Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 11:59 PM
    I want to find someone to view and verify the validity of my Father's DD214. He is deceased and the information we know from him is much different than the information that we found on the DD214. The form also appears to have been typed and then typed over, resulting in very dark thick lettering that almost looks altered. Any suggestions?

I previous asked:
    I want to find someone to view and verify the validity of my Father's DD214. He is deceased and the information we know from him is much different than the information that we found on the DD214. The form also appears to have been typed and then typed over, resulting in very dark thick lettering that almost looks altered. Any suggestions?

To add:
    The copy of the DD214 we have was sent to us directly from the Military Records Dept. I am questioning the validity of THEIR records. I would like to find someone who can look at the form and see if it appears that there was original information on the form that had been typed over... maybe some sort of govt doc expert.. I know it is sort of conspiracy theory crazy but it would really put my mind at ease.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 06:32 AM

Easy, request a new copy from the Military. If he was a member of a local VFW or American Legion they will have service officers that can help you. ** most likely they will help you even if he was not a member.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 02:39 PM

Please do not start a new thread each time you wish to add to an existing question. Merely add it as a answer to your original. I have merged your question.

I don't mean this wrong it is not uncommom for people to lie and tell stories about their actions in the military, heavens know from my dad he should have won the war in the pacfic all by hisself..

Or he was in some super secret assignment that can not be released of course is another answer

I would stll go though the orgianl steps, ask for another one, and if still a question, get with a local service officer of one of the vetern groups to help investigation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creditor wants me to verify debt I ask them to verify [ 1 Answers ]

Can a collection agency asking me to verify a debt? I disputed the charges on my credit report and I receive a letter asking me to verify the account because they don't have enough information to verify it themselves. I called and fax them a letter to verify the debt again. The rep told me he needs...

Background checks for dd214 [ 1 Answers ]

Can a business that does background checks for an emplorier get a copy of my dd214? Are they able to see what my discharge was?

L2 EAD validity [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I hold a L2 Visa and just got my EAD.The validity of my EAD is till 2008. I just heard from a friend of mine that my EAD will become invalid if I travel to India for vacation now.Is that so?. He said that EAD is tied to I-94 and so change in I-94 would make my EAD invalid and that I need to...

View more questions Search