Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GValley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Breaker for underground water pump trips when a large volume of water is used
    The breaker for the pump trips when the washer fills. Washer repair person said it is not the washer and pump repair person said the pump is working correctly. Breaker does not trip every time. Could it be a bad breaker?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2008, 03:26 AM
    Could be , or just a loose connection at the breaker, which causes heat that trips the breaker prematurely. Replacing the breaker and checking both line and load connections would be a good first start.
    GValley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 12:22 PM

I took your advise and changed out the breaker and now just waiting to see if that fixed the problem. Thank you so much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Pump Circuit Breaker [ 3 Answers ]

When I was taking a shower at my cabin, my water shut off. I went to the circuit breaker and it had tripped. I could not get in back on initially. When I did turn it back on the pump still would not turn on. What happened? The pump is only 2 years old. Thanks, Zelly

Bathroom GFI outlet trips breaker at breaker panel [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all. Our house is approximately 13 years old. Each morning when both the iron and blow dryer is plugged into two separate GFI outlets in the master bathroom, the circuit will trip the 15 amp breaker in the breaker panel. Is it possible to upgrade the breaker to a 20 amp without...

Oily or 'hot' smell coming from water after replacing well water pump [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I had to replace our water pump after it ceased and died on us this past Friday night! Ever since we replaced the well pump with a new Gould 1/2 hp we have been noticing an oily or hot smell coming from our taps... doesnt matter if it's the kitchen or the bathroom sink or...

Underground water leak [ 2 Answers ]

What do plumbers charge to fix a water leak that is under the ground?

Underground Water Pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I wish to run a water line from my house to the barn Behind my house (approx 30 feet run). I live in Connecticut. A couple of questions: 1) How deep do I have to lay this pipe? 2) What type of pipe do I use- regular CPVC? Schedule 40? Pex? other? 3) Do I have to cover the trench with...

View more questions Search