Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mfsysprog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 06:43 PM
    No hot water in shower
    I have a moen single handle rotate to turn on shower fawcet. I do not know the model number. I have no hot water in the shower. I have hot water in the sink. When I turn the fawcet all the way on the water does not get hot, it pretty much turns off. Why do I not have hot water and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
    mfsysprog
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 07:45 PM

The best and easiest way is to replace the cartridge in your faucet, the Moen faucets are warrantied for life so you should get a new part free.
    If after you get the part, if you need help just post back using the same post, not another question, and someone will help you through it.

Let me know if this helps.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 11:16 PM

I agree with letmetellu, It sounds like you have problem with your cartridge, first shut off the water to the faucet remove the cartridge, turn on the water for a few second to flush the debris out, install the cartridge and see if you hot water now, if no hot water you need to replace the crtridge, see the images below if your faucet is the same then your cartridge # is 1222, the first link will show the parts and the second will show you how to replace the cartridge, also as letmetellu says all Moen products has life time warranty call the cusomer service at 1-800-882-0116 they will send you new cartridge for free, good luck.

John

http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/L82691pt.pdf

Installation Help / Animated Tutorial - Installing the Moen 1225 / 1200 Cartridge

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The water in my shower will not switch from the shower head to the tub spout? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently purchased a small home, that I am getting ready to rent out the problem is I get water from the shower head just fine, but I get not water from the tub spout, any ideas?

No Cold Water Pressure - Hot Water works Great.Shower [ 10 Answers ]

I live in a fairly old house. In my downstairs shower I get great hot water pressure, but no cold water pressure. I have two handles, one for cold and hot. Any suggestions on how I might fix the problem? House gets water from the city. Not sure on the make/brand of the faucets but they are...

My shower drain is raised above the shower pan by 3/16" causing standing water [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fiberglass shower stall where the bottom has either slumped or the stall was installed wrong to begin with (it has no support beneath the surface that I stand on). The drain sticks above the level line so I have about 3/16" of standing water. I cannot easily access the bottom from the...

Lose Hot Water in bottom Shower When Top Shower is being used ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, this problem has been occurring for some time now, I finally found this website to finally ask the question and hopefully have an answer :).. Now I do not want to call the plumber in at this point, in case if it's a easy fix and would rather save the money, so please if you can help...

Hot water in the shower until shower head installed [ 6 Answers ]

I have hot water in all my other faucets/showers. I also have hot water at the particular shower with the problem as long as a shower head is not installed. When I install the shower head, the water is lukewarm. Any ideas for the source of the problem, and how to fix?

View more questions Search