Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JBsundog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Jacuzzi Scald Valve - Water Not Hot Enough
    I purchased a Ristorre Metallo shower system for my home bath and installed it this week. It appears to be a great system but I have one reservation. I can't seem to get the water hot enough. I enjoy a shower, maybe a little hotter than most, but the mixer valve appears to prevent the hotter temperatures. I am aware of the release button on the valve to access the hotter temperatures, but they are still not adequate. Is there an adjustment that can be made to the valve to allow a higher temperature? My domestic water heater is set at 140 degrees F, my cold water supply is a ground well that is 52 degrees. Hope there's an answer and I'm eager to hear back. Thanks in advance. By the way I stumbled upon this site, I love it. I hope to answer some questions here too.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 07:49 PM

There could be a blockage in the hot water inlet valve of the faucet, why don't you take it apart and see if you can find some goop in it, make sure the openings in the body of the valve that is in the wall is clean also, put it back to gether and see if it works.

If this helps let me know.
    JBsundog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Thanks for the fast answer. I poked around the forums here, then took apart the valve. There was a blue plastic stop preventing the valve from turning all the way left. I turned the valve left as far as it would go and re-seated the knob and now the water is hot on the far left. The only cosmetic thing is the hot / cold indicator points a little to the hot side when in the center locked position.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 08:53 PM

I am not sure if there is an adjustment that will line this back up to where it is in the right position but you got the hot water that is what counts.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 09:18 PM

Remove the handle. Behind that is a hot water adjustment ring. Remove it and you will get very hot water.

Most of the today's shower valves are temperature balanced and controlled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

1 valve shut off hot water tank valve [ 9 Answers ]

I was just trying to get some Pro's thoughts on, why there would be a shut off valve on the hot line going out of my hot water tank, and no valve on the cold coming in? Is there a reason for this? Is it OK to add a valve on the cold,so I can isolate the tank, by shuting both valves , and would...

No Shut Off Valve between water heater and bathroom sink valve [ 14 Answers ]

I have a constant drip in my bathroom sink. After a little trouble shooting, I came to the conclusion that my hot water valve underneath the sink is the culprit. I traced the pipe down the wall, into the basement and to the water heater. The only thing between the water heater and the old valve in...

No pressure Moen anti scald shower valve [ 9 Answers ]

I have a new house (lived in three years) and have a shower plus a combo tub/shower valvein another bath. These are Moen valves (probably antiscald).I see both have small in line stop ball valves. The problem, there isn't a lick of pressure comes out either valve for taking a shower. I've tried...

Water Pressure Valve and Ball Valve [ 1 Answers ]

My plumber told me my water pressure is too high and is ruining my fixtures. Apparently my house is old and does not have these. Is installing these valves something I can do myself? The plumber wants to charge me $500.00. If so, where can I get directions? Help.

View more questions Search