Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    val21 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2006, 10:44 PM
    Corrupted Ps2 memory card
    Hi does anyone know how to format a ps2 memory card. I need to erase everything from my card. The problem is that it has a 3.5 mg of corrupted data which I can't delete. That's almost half the memory space.
    The corrupted data is from action replay. I sent them an email but they did not response. Their customer help is not good at all. Thanks.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Jul 6, 2006, 05:25 AM
    Hi. Well, I'll try to be of some help here, but I know essentially nothing about any of the current gaming systems.
    Here though are three suggestions. Number two is feasible, probably without even opening the card, but do be careful in order not to damage it:

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view.php/1853

Here is a link to the program mentioned in number three, along with a short explanation:

http://hax.at/text/5

Here is a link to the same program already on a disc image in bin/cue format:

http://konsolenprofis.de/downloads/download.php?id=801

Sorry I can't be of much more help. Good luck. :)
    Ruin_leader Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 01:06 PM
    Hi
    I know how to completely reset the PS2 memory card its not simple though... well it seems more simple than it is you pretty much take it apart and you should see what looks like a screw in the gigs get a tootpick and press it this will completely get rid of every single bit of memory on it and I think it can ony be done once not sure haven't tried it but once and umm if it didn't work I would recommend just buying another one ince they aren't expensive
    Sairei Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Oct 21, 2007, 01:42 PM
    You'll have to delete the action replay data inorder to fix your memory card. Or you'll have to delete the data from the last game you've played. That'll get rid of all of the infected files on your memory card. With any luck it'll work and you won't have to buy a new memory card.
    jeremytheman222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by val21
    Hi does anyone know how to format a ps2 memory card. I need to erase everything from my card. The problem is that it has a 3.5 mg of corrupted data which I can't delete. Thats almost half the memory space.
    The corrupted data is from action replay. I sent them an email but they did not responce. Their customer help is not good at all. Thanks.

MY ANSWER is funny actually. To uncorrupt that data use your action replay go to the memory manager and format your memory card. If that don't work try zipping and unzipping it I did that once and I deleated all my memory so only use that if you want all of it gone.

Man this irony is killing me:p the action replay corrupted it and its used to uncorrupt. Good luck.
    adymetal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 04:43 AM
    Dude.. I can't find the screw thingy
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Jan 4, 2008, 10:49 AM
    I know when I use to sometimes corrupt the data on the memory Card, all I did was take any disc out so only the memory card are pluged in, turn PS2 on then go to the memory card manager and delete the corrupted file or files that where on there.

Corruption of files most like happen if the saving of the game is not completed.

If this Helped Rate it.
    r_reyes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 05:43 AM
    First my cousin & his friend was playing my ps2 my cousin friend use
    AR MAX to have a cheat for hitman &then my hitman save gone changes to a 2corrupted
    Data and I can't delete the corrupted data how can I fix the corrupted data to my memorycard on ps2

Do you now how to fix or reformat my memory card?

Help I want to fix my memory card
    Cybertronian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 10:16 PM
    I too have a pair of official Sony PS2 Memory Cards with corrupted data. While neither card has a large chunk missing, I always feel it's the little amounts that count. (Both were bought -- used -- from GameStop.)
    Since I bought the last one to intentionally fill with data from another card, my question is can these cards be Formatted, from the PS2 "Browser" or if not, what do I need to do it, preferably *from* the PS2?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook Express address book corrupted, How to rebuild? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My OE Address Book is corrupted, I have made an "export" to have a backup. How can I recreate this Address book before "importing" my backup? Thanks is advance

Email address corrupted [ 9 Answers ]

I am no expert, but this is the craziest thing I have ever seen. I recently switched from earthlink dial-up to Alltel dsl. After doing so, I contacted those in my address book of the change. One of those contacts came bouncing back as "undeliverable". Turns out it was a sibling who of course...

Windows XP system restore files corrupted [ 1 Answers ]

I recently experienced a total crash :( and had to use my system recovery kit... Following 3 failed attempts at using the system restore feature and utilizing 3 different restore points. A Trojan virus had infiltrated my system. I had detected and removed the original in February with a virus...

Corrupted Registry Key [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am using WinXP. There is a corrupted key in my user profile registry and every time it touched (by any means - if I am trying to delete or export it, or registry scanner hits it) computer crashes. This key is located in Shell/Bags section and serves no useful purpose for me. If I log...

Java misinstalled or corrupted! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there! Hmm... Recently when I tried play Yahoo pool and other java games, the applet failed to load. Then when I tried to play games at pogo.com I got this error message stating " java misinstalled or corrupted" I tried to solve this problem by downlaoding the latest IE explorer and yet...

View more questions Search