macklin Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2006, 10:11 PM
    Problem with IE 6
    Win xp home s/p 2
    80gig hardrive
    56.5 free space
    1 gig ram

When I disconnect from the web and go to history to work offline
    Sometimes all is OK and other times all will be greyed out, this is very intermittant i.e. all OK for maybe days or weeks, other times as soon as I disconnect history will be greyed out

In internet options I have 44 days to keep history
    In settings I cannot move the slider to the right any more than about 1/2 way
    In the drop down box I cannot move up more than 32000

Thank you for any replies

John macklin
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Jul 3, 2006, 02:30 PM
    After you disconnect from your Internet provider, are you clicking on File, then selecting Work Offline?

I believe the 32000 max you are running into is a maximum limit of IE for cache files. But that should be more than you ever need: that's 32 Gigabytes of storage! :eek: I believe the slider shows a length relative to the size of your entire hard drive, but you can only go as far as the IE defined limit of 32 GB. To double-check that, since you say it goes about half way, check to see if your hard drive is somewhere in the neighborhood of 65GB.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 3, 2006, 03:00 PM
    I know this doesn't really resolve your issue, but why do you work offline ?
    The only reason I can see for this is if you are on a TIME metered service. If you are on a DATA metered service this is completely pointless as you will be charged for the offline data you have downloaded.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

View more questions Search