Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    obone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Legg\ally enter canada with felony conviction
    How can a person with a felony conviction in the us legally enter canada?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by obone View Post
    how can a person with a felony conviction in the us legally enter canada?

How long ago? The Canadian computers are right up to date. There is a time frame involved and also the type of felony is considered.

What was the conviction and when?
    obone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 10:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    How long ago? The Canadian computers are right up to date. There is a time frame involved and also the type of felony is considered.

What was the conviction and when?
    The felony was for (not sale) possession of cocaine. Case ended in 1994.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by obone View Post
    the felony was for (not sale) posession of cocaine. case ended in 1994.

Convictions which are on a person's record and have not been removed such as DUI, DWI, reckless driving, negligent driving, misdemeanor drug possession, all felonies, domestic violence, shoplifting, theft at all degrees) can make a person inadmissible to Canada, regardless of when they occurred.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony conviction [ 9 Answers ]

I know someone who was convicted of passport fraud. He was given 5 yrs probation with several stipulations one being that he must stay current on court ordered child support. He was also told he can not leave his jusdicial area without permission of the probation officer. He lost his job when he...

Can I enter Canada with a 3 degree felony [ 2 Answers ]

I am a United States Citizen, recently I was arrested for something I did not do, I hired an attorney to take care of the case and they find me not guilty of the third degree felony I was accused.I have a paper from the court proving I am not guilty. Now I am in the process to have the case...

I have a Felony Conviction [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 22 and I got convicted of a felony of conspiracy to distribute. I was wondering what kind of jobs I cana get. I am going for an interview at an eye doctor as a receptionist. Can they hire me with a Felony

Felony conviction [ 4 Answers ]

I was charged 3 years ago with a felony conviction for possession of a forged instrument, it was a d felony with 5 years probation. I have an issue going on now with the possibility of another felony. This has been going on for 8 months with no indictment or anything. I want to know if I am able to...

Felony conviction [ 1 Answers ]

How to get a felony conviction explunged from your record?

View more questions Search