Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bjrosen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 02:43 PM
    Leaky p trap connection
    How do I fix a leaky p-valve connection? All parts are pvc, and the screwing part that attaches the p trap to the pipe coming from the drain is leaking on the underside. Can I do this myself? What supplies do I need? Thanks!
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 02:48 PM

Hello bjrosen,

See the image below and you will see how to install the trap and what is needed it is very simple, good luck.

John
    Attached Images

bjrosen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 02:51 PM

Thanks for the picture - the coupling nut is where the leak is on the tailpiece side. Do I need to put anything on the threads or should they be completely clean?
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 02:51 PM

Or this one
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 02:54 PM

No you don't, good luck.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace P-trap with drum trap--good idea? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a large crack in a cast iron waste line. The line at that point serves just the kitchen sink and is vented to the roof. The first plumber I called wants to disconnect the P-trap, install a drum trap, drill through the cabinet and floor, and connect to the waste line down below the crack....

Leaky outdoor hose/spigot connection [ 2 Answers ]

If my hose connection at the spigot sprays water everywhere, do I have to replace the whole spigot? It seems that when I connect the hose end to the spigot, I don't get too many rotations. When I turn on the faucet, water sprays everywhere from the hose/spigot connection. Did the winter freeze...

Lavatory trap to wall connection [ 2 Answers ]

Tom - This is a real amateur question, but I can't seem to find the answer in my books. I'm installing a pedestal sink in profile opposite the bath door and need to connection to look good. The drain line is 2" PVC . I have a 1.5" chrome trap and can't figure out how to attach it to the drain...

1-3/8" bottle trap drain connection? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I have a little problem. I'm remodeling my bathroom and am installing a basin sink. I recently purchased a chrome minimalist bottle trap from the UK. I believe it's a Hudson Reed. It's model number is EK302. Anyway, I've discovered that the drain pipe supplied with the trap that would go...

View more questions Search