Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brother5050 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 12:07 PM
    Computer and printer problems

Sometimes network computer doesn't send print queus to physically attached printer, sometimes restarting computer is needed, why?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2008, 02:17 PM

Hi, brother5050!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just titled and moved your question that you had posted in Introductions, on your own introduction, to this topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

This place also doesn't work the same way that a chat room does, so if you want to ask a question, it needs to be placed in the appropriate forum area.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum area.

Thanks!
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Dec 3, 2008, 03:45 PM

Go to your Printers and Faxes section and take a look at the print queue. Is the print queue set to Work Offiline?

When printers are turned off for a long duration, the computer will place it in an Offline status. This way, the computer will not be constantly looking for the printer, taking up resources. When the printer is turned back on or connected to the network, you will have to manually put it back online by right-clicking on the print queue and unchecking the Work Offline option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seting printer to show computer used [ 1 Answers ]

I work at a library and we have 17 computers for the public to us and I would like to set them to show the computer used to print to the print server. Such J1, J2, A1, A2, ETC I have done it before but it has been a while and I counld not find my notes on how to do it ...

Networking a printer to another computer [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I am going to start with the back ground of my issue before I ask the actual question. I have a computer that has XP and is connected to the main printer. I have another computer that is running 2000 and is the host for the wireless internet. My XP computer recently crashed in a big way. I...

Using a printer not connected to a computer [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - I have an HP Printer, which has an ethernet connection. The printer is attached to my Netgear Router, via this wired ethernet connection and my computer is also attached to the Netgear Router via a wired ethernet connection. I know the printer is connected correctly because it shows the...

Many monitor &printer connect to a computer [ 1 Answers ]

How can connect many printer(up to 20) to one computer? How can connect many manitor(up to 20)io one computer and send independent data to each of them?

View more questions Search