Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazza46 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2006, 04:47 PM
    Is this the menopause starting
    :( Hi all, is there anyone out there who has experienced this. I have skipped a period. No problem at first, wey hey have they finished. Can't be pregnant as I have been sterilized for 16 years, but breast tenderness and nausea worried me so I thought I would try a pregnancy test... negative as I thought. But Oh for the past week I have had increasing tummy ache which tonight is so bad, I feel like I'm in labour. Could this be the menopause or beginnings of, Im 47.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 1, 2006, 06:01 PM
    Shazza:

At age 47 it is not at all unusual to skip periods, it is possible that this is the beginning of menopause for you. However, looking at your symptoms it may be possible that you may have an ovarian cyst and your body is reacting as though you are pregnant.

It is my opinion that you contact your physician the first of the week.

I am not a professional, yet even if I were, we cannot diagnose without an office visit and a lengthy history and physical. Please contact your doctor as soon as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10 HP Craftsman not starting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1985 10hp craftsman lawn tractor that will not start. We have cleaned the carb, bowl, fuel filter, plug etc. If you put fuel directly into the carb, it will start and run until it has burned off that fuel It will not pull fuel through the carb though. Any suggestions?

Starting menopause+exhaustion? [ 5 Answers ]

I believe that I am starting menopause. I just turned 40 a couple of days ago, and have been feeling so tired that I can barely move. I went to the doctor for blood work and he didn't find anything wrong. But right now I can barely move. Any tips, foods, vitamins, something to get me moving?? ...

Just starting [ 1 Answers ]

Any loan officers that can help me start in the biz need some good sales lines for honest person ;)

Pre-Menopause: What to Say to Her [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in a stable relationship for the last 6 years, my girlfriend is 40, I'm 38. She appears to be entering a pre-menopausal state where her periods become irregular and she has erratic mood shifts and loss of sex drive. Naturally enough it is dominating her mind now, she fears losing her...

Early Menopause? [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me, I am 46yrs old, living in Spain, been having problems for 6months now with heavy periods, started in August last year, thought my insides were falling out! Big clots, this has now calmed down a lot, but periods now every 15 - 20 days, and much heavier. Have been to doctors...

View more questions Search