Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Heil furnace burner igintes then goes out
    I have a Heil furnace model number NUGK075AG02 (75,000 btu's) and the burner ignites for about 15 seconds then goes out and the fan continues to run. What might be the problem? Deka
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Go to this post and clean the flame sensor. Post back with results. Do not touch the ignitor it is sensitive.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ay-287047.html
    Deka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Thanks for getting back with me so quickly. Before I read your reply I found a loose pressure line hose which solved the problem. Thanks again and God bless! John 3;3 Deka
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Yep a loose pressure hose will also do it. Glad you got it going.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HEIL furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Our heil furnace won't stay lit. It goes out after we release the pilot button. Any suggestion?

Heil Furnace-Combustion fan comes on but furnace does not come on [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old Heil furnace. When the furnace tries to come on the combustion fan comes on but nothing happens after that. The pilot does not come on, no flames, nothing. I hired a service tech and he said that we need to change the gas valve since it faulty. Is there anything else I...

Heil furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have bought a house with a furnace and I cannot get the pilot to light. I am asking for some type of manual so I can figure this out. The model is VG-80MD-1 and the serial is H73838067. The house was built in 1977 and I am sure this is the original Thanks for any info

Burner - Fan sequence - HEIL 7000 [ 3 Answers ]

This is regarding a 12 year old HEIL 7000 furnace. When the house thermostat calls for heat, the induction exhaust fan kicks in and in a few seconds the pilot and burners are activated (all appear normal). Prior to the activation of the circulating fan, however, the high temp switch...

Heil furnace short cycling of burner [ 1 Answers ]

My 1983 heil model NUGK075DG01, natural gas, forced air furnace is running but only heats the house to 67 degrees no matter how high I set the temp, the fan continuously runs (in auto on thermostat) and the burner will cycle for 3-4 min. then shut-off for 10 min.. I have powered down and back-on,...

View more questions Search