Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janied Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 09:00 AM
    I have a loose kitchen faucet
    I have a Price Pfister kitchen faucet that was installed a few months ago it is a single lever. The faucet is loose, but get even more loose when the hot water is running. Is there some adjustment or something I can do to tighten it?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Janied... are you telling us the faucet HANDLE is loose?

If so there is proabaly a little plastic insert that is removed by taking a fingernail and simply popping it forward to remove it and then you should find an ALLEN SCREW under that.

This allen screw sounds like it needs to be loosened, faucet handle needs to be seated properly and then the allen screw can be tightened correctly.

Confirm the allen screw is present and then you need to purchase a combo. allen wrench set... includes metric and standard sizes.

If I misunderstood the question please let me know more details!!

Thanks...

MARK
    Attached Images

Dec 1, 2008, 09:36 AM
    It's not the handle that is loose, it is the faucet spout. It's tight on the granite but it's loose on the faucet spout (where the water comes out)
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 09:44 AM
    I suspect that you may need to remove the handle and see if there is a nut that has loosened under the handle..?

If that is not it then please post a pic. Or get us a model number of the faucet... see what we can do from there... OK?

MARK

Dec 1, 2008, 01:20 PM

The model # is T34-47SS
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 02:21 PM

Hello Janied,

If it is not the handle like Mark suggested, then it can be the crtridge, please contact Price Pfister at 1-800-732-8238 they will tell you what is wrong with your faucet and they will send you the parts for free, good luck.

John
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Hi all...

Janied... did you mean you have a PP Model #T34-4TSS?? If so then this is the marielle series faucet and I have a link with an exploded parts view that should help here some.

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/pdf/34-4TSS-3.pdf

I would suggest you take the handle off as indicated at the spec. sheet and work your way down from there. You should only need a screwdriver to do this.

FIRST, shut off the water from under the sink and then take each part apart...

Could be as simple as a loose screw under handle (not a nut, but a screw here) or could be more involved. Let us know what you think...

MARK
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 03:11 PM

Good job Mark,

I tried was not able to fiend it due to the model number T34-47SS was no matching, Thanks.

John
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Got lucky! Thank you!

Dec 2, 2008, 08:18 PM
    The faucet I have is a corrego kitchen faucet. It has 3 pieces, the faucet, hanlde and sprayer. The faucet part is loose. I don't see any way to tighten it. The only part that comes off is the one that is on the very top of the faucet where an ornamental piece is. I removed it but the piece inside doesn't appear to come out.
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 3, 2008, 04:33 AM
    Sorry, but according to the price pfister website www.pricepfister.com.. both the T34-47SS and the corrego faucet line do not exist!

I can't even begin to guess your setup without more info. Here.

Dec 3, 2008, 07:04 PM
    I have finally found the brand of the faucet I have, it's a Corrego kitchen faucet. It consists of 3 pieces, the faucet, handle and sprayer. The faucet is tight on the sink but from that point up it's loose. It gets even looser when you turn the hot water on. I don't see any way to tighten it. Help!
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2008, 09:14 PM

Does your faucet looks like the image below, if it does contact the corego customer service or return the faucet to the store where you purchaged, I am very sorry couldn't fiend you the instructions, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loose one handle faucet on kitchen sink [ 6 Answers ]

How would I fix my kitchen faucet it is very loose on the sink - still works fine - but I know this can't be good for it. It is a one handle with spray diverter. It didn't just gradually get loose - just one day it was like that. I need something like 'anatomy of a faucet' - as I have no clue...

Loose Kitchen Faucet handle [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a single handle kitchen faucet which when I turn on the water, it's loose to the point where sometimes gravity will pull the handle back down into the off position. The securing screw is tight and does not wiggle. The whole mechanism seems fine except for its resistance to stay on....

Loose kitchen faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Help! The faucet in my kitchen sink became loose a couple of days ago. Now when I turn on the hot water nothing happens. Cold water runs fine. I am not knowledgeable about this stuff at all but follow directions well. Thank you!

Loose kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

My kitchen sink has three pieces, the spout, the handle and a sprayer. The spout part is very loose and when I turn it the sprayer part also moves. There is only a small ring at the bottom of the spout. How can I tightened the spout? I looked underneath and there doesn't seem to be anything there...

View more questions Search