Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bdvance1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2004, 09:39 PM
    Dome light problem '98 altima
    This is not a "big" problem, but would like to get it resolved. We have a '98 altima, and when you have the dome-light switch in the "middle" position, the light will NOT go off when you close the door. Obviously, we just keep the light turned off all the time, unless we need it, then just reach up and turn it on. However, it would be nice to have this working as it is supposed to.
    Anyone out there ever have a similar problem? Guess I need to know where to start...
    Thanks.
    zahu1 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Mar 24, 2004, 09:09 AM
    First place to start are the door switches. Check each one by keeping all the doors closed except the one you are testing. Press the button on side of the frame and the light should turn off. Do this for all and which ever one does not turn the light off is defective.
    bdvance1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2004, 09:58 AM
    Hey, thanks for the reply. Actually, I feel like a real "sharpie"...
    This is my daughter's car, (I just took it for a couple days to put on a new valve cover gasket and new plugs) and I didn't realize that it had a "delay shutoff" on the lights... see why I feel so smart? My wife was sure to let me know!
    Anyway, I do appreciate the reply, maybe I can help someone sometime, (probably not on interior lighting, though!)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engine light - 96 altima [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had to repair my battery cables and the check engine light came on, how do I reset this error?

Altima Service Engine Soon Light [ 13 Answers ]

The Fuel Cut Off Control Valve recently went on my 1998 Nissan Altima. It made the gas pump shut off even at the slowest filling speed (a huge pain) and it also caused the "Service Engine Soon" light to come on. Replacing the valve was easy, cheap ($40) and it solved the fuel refill problem, but...

Service Engine soon light is on - Altima '99 [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all, Today I replaced my car's Engine Oil & Filter. Then while on my way back home, the Service Engine Soon light came on and has stayed there even after stopping and re-starting the car. The car Engine had been vibrating more than normal for quite few months, and I could feel that when I am at...

View more questions Search