Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whyme06 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2006, 11:12 AM
    Still no period after abortion
    If I had THE abortion on May 5, 2006 and I started my birth control pills on that Sunday may 7, 2006 It is now July 1, 2006 shouldn't I have a period by now I am finished with my second pack of pills.today.I took a test like two three days ago but it said negative... what going on
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 1, 2006, 11:18 AM
    Whyme, if the abortion was on May 5 and you started BC on May 7, your hormonal system is still out of whack.

Depending on the prescription of BC pills, it is not unusual for your body to take at least 6 months to begin menstruation.

See, the pregnancy caused the original hormonal imbalance, then termination, whether abortion or natural birth, causes an additional hormonal imbalance. Then you slap birch control on top of that and your body really does not know how to handle all of this. It takes time for your body to figure out what is normal again.

If you miss next month I would say a check up with the doctor is necessary. But I would not be too concerned as of yet.
    rubz Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Sep 11, 2007, 11:00 AM
    It does take time for the fertillity to come back to normal. It can take up to 6mths or more as your body just went through changes. If you still worry go to the doctors or family planning clinch where they can give advise
    rigged pin Posts: 17, Reputation: -1

Feb 25, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Umm mabey god is punsing u for commtiieing murder you killed a unborn baby

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Don Marquis, Abortion, Potentiality Principle [ 3 Answers ]

The question I am trying to answer is whether Don Marquis' argument against abortion is simply a restatement of the potentiality principle. I don't think it is because Marquis does not appeal to personhood. But, WHY is it important that Marquis doesn't appeal to personhood?

Liability for abortion complications [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. A woman has an abortion. Afterward she has an infection which forces her to be taken to the hospital. She now owes $2500 in doctor bills, and is threatening to sue the baby's father for these bills. Is there any liability on the part of the baby's father, assuming that they are not...

Abortion could I be pregnant again [ 2 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and I had an abortion on May 5, 2006.. I started my birth control pill on Sunday May 7, 2006.. but sometimes I forget to take the pill and I end up taking like two in one day.. I have had sex like 10+ times on the day I missed my pill and on days I take the pill.. but I did not...

Abortion and abuse in society [ 1 Answers ]

Please help. I have an assignment on abortion. I want to kown the moral views. And I need some information on the types of abuse in the family or on society as a whole. THANK YOU.

Period [ 3 Answers ]

2 period in 1 month both light with pink/brown blood. I also had cramping. Could I be pregnant

View more questions Search