Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evangeline89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 12:11 AM
    Adding on a bathroom in a old garage.
    How mush will it cost me to add a bathroom in a old garage?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2008, 05:01 AM

Is the garage attached to the home?

Is it insulated?

What is the floor made of in the garage?

How big a room do you want?

Is there access to the electrical and/or plumbing and where are they?

Are you in a cold climate during the winter months?

More info would be helpful.
    amsteube Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Dec 2, 2008, 12:13 PM

Your biggest concern should probably be the plumbing. Is there already a rough in? If not you will probably have to get sections of the floor torn up which can get pricey.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a bathroom to an old garage [ 5 Answers ]

I currently have a 2 bedroom, 1 bath house, built in the '50s with a garage that has been converted to a workshop. There is plumbing for a washer-dryer in the workshop area. I want to convert the workshop into a bedroom and add a bathroom, but because the workshop area is on a slab (the rest of...

Adding GFI outlet to garage light switch [ 2 Answers ]

I have a switch that controls the outside garage light and would like to put an outlet next to it. The switch has a black wire and a wite one marked black. So do I just add the switch in to the hot (black) wre then make a "jumper" wire from the white side to the black hot side of the switch, and...

Adding 220 to garage and motor markings [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question about adding 220 to my garage and also some markings on a motor for a metal lathe that will be in there. I have a lathe that is marked on the motor with 115/230 for volts, 60 cyc, phase 1, Amp 37/18.5... from what I gather this might mean it can run on 110 or 220? I'm...

Adding a new toiletshower in a detached garage [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to the forum and have enjoyed reading all the valuable knowledge people sharing here. I am planning to build a detached garage about 24' from the house and about 35' to the vertical drainage pipe locates in the bottom of the tri-level in which is about 5' deep from the surface. I...

Adding heating/ac to the garage [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to add AC and possibly heat to my garage so that I can work there. There seems to be two choices: (1) add a portable unit, or (2) extend the duct system from my house. I still need to be able to open and close the garage door so the garage is not energy efficient. Does anyone have...

View more questions Search